View Single Post
Old 10-10-2015, 06:35 PM

Hi Simeoni, What was the "conservative treatment" that you mentioned in your previous post? Do you feel that it caused your frozen shoulder? If so, how? It's interesting that I'm seeing your post today for the first time. I'm saying that because I just came from seeing my physiatrist [physical rehab doctor] Dr. Ali Guy. I've known him for 25 years and he's helped me through some rough times. He told me that he has alot of patients who've had ADR and suggested I hold off and try a cervical epidural first. Though I'm not fond of being injected with corticosteroids I've had them a couple of times in the past for dance and athletic injuries and they did help [in some cases] for quite a while. Dr. Bertagnoli and Dr. Bierstedt both recommended a 2-level cervical ADR at C5/6 and C6/7 for me. Dr. Guy looked at my ex ray and said that if I only had ADR at C6/7 chances are I might be able to get away without requiring fusion, but that if I had both levels replaced that I would require a fusion because multiple ADRs without fusion have a high tendency to pop out. So, naturally, now that I've read your post, I'd be reluctant to have ADR at C6/7 without a fusion. Still have alot of thinking to do!
Thank you. Gabrielle
July 2015 possible grade 1 anterolisthesis c6/7, multilevel ddd w disc height loss esp c5-c7, facet hypertrophy upper cerv spine, esp c2-c4, diffuse mild, marginal osteophytic changes throughout cerv spine. Cerv mri: broadband disc osteophyte complex c5/6 extending to central aspect cerv cord. Disc osteophyte complex mildly indents canal c6/7. Severe rt c3/4 degen facet arthrop. Small rt central protrusion rt T1-disc hern. USA doc suggests c6/7 cage fusion. Looking into cerv adr in Germany.