Thread: Hi Everyone
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2018, 07:11 AM

Default Hi Everyone

Hi everyone, you can read the full story of how my pain developed here:

https://medium.com/@Proudhon91/a-let...or-4895e698378

It's quite long though. A short summary is that I was advised over and over to stay active by docs and a physio (keep running, weightlifiting etc.) and my back and nerve pain kept getting worse and worse. Finally a new set of physio exercises that included one legged deadlifts, see here:

https://i2.wp.com/theprehabguys.com/...15/08/RDL1.jpg

turned my pain from just burning down the back of my left leg to explosive nerve pain all over both legs. Right now I still have nerve pain in both legs, pretty much constantly for the past five and a half months. I've been sent to psychiatry because my MRI does not show focal signs of nerve impingement. My GP talked me out of injections 3 months ago as he said I'd be doing fine in a couple of months. I am now due to meet a pain management doc on the 20th of September to discuss injections.

I am considering ADR. The barrier to access is the flight. I can't sit at all. I don't have very strong meds because no professional I've seen is taking my pain seriously because of the radiologist's report of my MRI findings.

At this stage I would take a fusion surgery. I just want the nerve pain to end and to be able to walk more than 20 mins a day. The rest of my body is so sore from all the lying around and my doctor's reply to that is 'well get more active then'

Oh I'm 27 years ol and from Ireland. I have emailed the usual surgeons: Clavel, Desai, Schmitz.

I am thinking about ONZ and also Dr Ferrandez.
Does anyone have any opinions on these doctors?
Make sure you are fully aware you cannot delete anything you post on this website. Be very careful with what you post, and consider that while you feel ok to share it now, perhaps in the future you may not want this infromation shared any longer. You have no ability to delete anything and the moderators do not oblige. I encourage you to learn from my mistake and not use any forum that does not allow one to delete content they have shared.