Thread: Hi Everyone
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2018, 05:44 PM

Hi Dorian,

thank you very much for your response. Currently I'm struggling to get referrals for scans etc. over here. It is a small country currently in a healthcare crises (severe shortages of doctors, hospital beds etc.). All the professionals I've seen here have told me my pain cannot be coming from the disc because there is no focal signs of nerve impingement. So even though currently I am waiting for an appointment with a pain management doctor, I worry that he will also say the same thing and refuse treatment, imagery etc.

I have sent my MRI to Schmitz who said I can come to Germany, but he wants to do full imagery before making a decision, which of course makes sense. Obviously though, it is very expensive and not an easy decision to make. I don't really want to get a major surgery if some injections could help me avoid it completely ot at least for the time being.

Dr Ferrandez said something very similar, that the pain could be caused by the disc but also slippage, so he would like further imagery.

ONZ have said they will not do surgery for me and I am waiting for a clarification for why. I am hoping it's simply just because of my age and because my disc has a lot of height in the MRI and conservative has not been exhausted / not enough imagery has been done.

I'm really banking on this pain doctor actually wanting to help rather than fobbing me off. If they can't help me here, I don't have a choice, I'll have to go abroad, I simply can not stand this nerve pain anymore.

I guess you understand how non trivial this decision is.

if you don't mind me asking, where have you decided to go and what are you getting done?
Make sure you are fully aware you cannot delete anything you post on this website. Be very careful with what you post, and consider that while you feel ok to share it now, perhaps in the future you may not want this infromation shared any longer. You have no ability to delete anything and the moderators do not oblige. I encourage you to learn from my mistake and not use any forum that does not allow one to delete content they have shared.