View Single Post
Old 01-07-2012, 09:04 PM
Administrator

Default O2 therapy

Thx for posting. I read this article with interest last year and almost forgot about it. After I read the book I mentioned, I revisited all the articles I stored away…

Since then, I’ve methodically planned to get more O2 into my body:

- More plants in my office;
- More outside time, breathing, exercising;
- Purchased two oxygen supplements (food grade H2O2, Mag O7).

I started Mag O7 a few months ago and was surprised with the effects:

- Deeper sleeping;
- Change in BMs: more odorous (cleaning of tract) easier (no problem before);
- Mild soreness in the hips and lower back.

A few weeks ago, I started the H2O2 therapy and slowly --- so glad I did! Since I may have candidiasis (mentioned in the article), I started with only three drops daily. It had an immediate effect, but this time it was much more pronounced. I was really sore in my hips and in my lower back, and wondered if my unusual injury (see my post-op topic) was causing me pain or problems. I stopped the O2 treatment, and the pain completely subsided.

I now believe that what I read in the book and in this article is entirely rational and helpful to me. I definitely would NOT recommend the liquid therapy to anyone, given the attention to detail that is required and the unknown risks presented to each unique person. The Mag O7 might be a safer, lower dose, lower risk option. Whatever you decide, talk to your doctor -- who will then look at you like you have three heads (instead of the usual two).

Some points I’d like to emphasize here:

- This is not an established therapy in the strictest sense; but ozone therapy is practiced nationwide for wound treatment and increasingly in dental care. It has been used internationally for decades for a range of maladies;
- I was pain-free before I started both therapies; I experienced lower back pain during the therapy. Stopping it, I returned to a pain-free state;
- My doctor did not condone or oversee this process;
- I don’t know if this is a “magical” remedy for everyone – I don’t think it is. While oxygen may help the immune system, and even “zap” free radicals, it may actually help certain biofilms (and bacteria) grow. Here’s a recent article that speaks to that biofilm biology. If you can, click through to the article and read it carefully. It's one of the best overviews on biofilms I've ever seen.

Hope this helps and stimulates reading, questions and comments.
Founder & moderator of ADRSupport - 2004
Founder Arthroplasty Patient Foundation a 501(c)(3) - 2006
Creator & producer, Why Am I Still Sick? - 2012
Donate www.arthropatient.org/about/donate