View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 10:49 PM
Administrator

Hey everyone, just wanted to share this from a friend who is also a member here. An excerpt on the subject of pet foods, continued. Thanks M.

I changed Yoshi back to the Blue Wilderness kibble food. After I get close to running out of their canned food ( have about 2 months stocked up) I may give the raw food diet diet a go, or at least a partial raw food diet. Need to buy a grinder, which is expensive, so will have to see. I spend about 60.00/mo on the canned food so the cost for may be comparable after the initial equipment expenditure. I found a recipe that looks good .

foodmaking pictorial - cat nutrition

The Origin of CatInfo.org by Lisa A. Pierson, DVM :: How CatInfo.org came to be - More info than you could ever want, but goes into more detail. I like that that she partially cooks some of the meat and eggs for surface bacteria. Gives suggestions for testing it out on your cat before making any big purchases.

Electric Meat Grinder from One Stop Jerky Shop Tasin 108 a cheaper grinder that may work okay, but take longer to grind up bones. Lighter weight is better for me. Can't be hauling a 33lb grinder out of my cupboard every month.
Founder & moderator of ADRSupport - 2004
Founder Arthroplasty Patient Foundation a 501(c)(3) - 2006
Creator & producer, Why Am I Still Sick? - 2012
Donate www.arthropatient.org/about/donate