View Single Post
Old 07-14-2011, 08:16 AM

Well then I had better get busy since I'm at 0 opinions besides my own.

This is all so overwhelming, so much to process at once, I'm afraid I have gotten in over my head. It seems like most doctors would be pushing their own agenda as most of them have co invented something for this purpose. I was under care at a fantastic medical facility and they were still pushing their own agenda with fusion because no one had studied replacement.

It just seems like it would be difficult to see if a doctor was really out for your best interest via email. Maybe the phone, but email seems hard. I understand that they don't really need to "see" me sitting in front of them to evaluate my situation but I feel like I need to "see" them to get a feel for what their intentions are. Last time I made the decision to have surgery I was in so much pain that they could have told me that cutting off my ear would make it better and i would have agreed. This last time around I had scheduled a fusion for late May 2011, but canceled after reading about replacement (and I wasn't in pain). I guess I am scared to death about making the right decision, then following through with the decision.... Every time I think about what is in store for me I feel the need to vomit. I am hoping that feeling will pass as I continue. I am sure everyone has had this feeling and I need to count my blessings that I found this site and have so many people with similar situations to talk to...

Thanks again for your input, it is all very helpful. I wish you the best with your surgery!!
~Sb
7/2010 pain came back, had steroid injection
2/2011 pain came back
MRI showed L4/L5 herniation larger than the first
fusion suggested, looking at options

Last edited by ssb776; 07-14-2011 at 08:30 AM. Reason: forgot something