View Single Post
Old 07-31-2017, 04:43 AM

Quick update: I recently saw Dr. Dran here in Montpellier. He seems very competent but only does Fusion. If I end up deciding on fusion, he is the guy I would go with. He was offering to do a fusion at L4-L5 with dynamic rods at the next level above.

I asked him about ADR and other Doctors and he didn't seem to have any strong opinions one way or another. He did mention Dr. Marnay who is here in Montpellier whom I will be seeing at some point. Although Dr. Marnay only does the Pro-disc, which he invented.

When I mentioned the name Jean-Yves Lazennec, he had heard of him but did not have an opinion. The fact that he heard of him was a good sign to me since Doctors here in France do not really advertise for business.

So I ended up calling Dr. Lazennec who is in Paris but the first appointment that I could get with him is on December 14th, so I took it. This guy is very well known and booked out for quite a while. He is supposed to be one of the best. He does the LP-ESP and fusion so hopefully I can get an honest opinion from him about what is best for me. The sucky part is having to wait cause I am dealing with pain on a daily basis.

Before I see Dr. Lazennec I will be seeing a Dr in Marseille named Patrick Tropiano. Tropiano also does the LP-ESP so I am interested in what he has to say. I am scheduled to see him on August 25th. I will keep ya'll updated.

Also, I am waiting for Dr. Rischke to get back to me since I sent him my MRI. I think he was on vacation.
-Two-level lumbar ADR L4L5 L5S1 by Dr. Desai November 2017