View Single Post
Old 06-24-2009, 07:39 AM

Harrison,

The Dr in chicago and here both did x-rays. That's how the Dr in Chicago saw the cracked facet joint.

My neurosurgeon never did x-rays, just the MRI. His theory was that the discectomy would work because I wasn't in constant pain since my last surgery 2 years ago. I asked him about stability and he said I would be fine. But these two Dr's have stated that is wrong and even implied it could make me worse.

I think the facet he was showing us was the either the L4 or L5, not sure which exactly. It was on the x-ray, not the MRI. I just don't understand why the neurosurgeon never did an x-ray if you got different information from it than a MRI. I feel like he was really just trying to rush the surgery through and wasn't looking at me close enough. I wonder if I had gone to someone else the 2nd time if I would be in a better place right now.
MRI May 5th - showed "moderate sizd protruding disk in the the left paracentral location at the L4-5 level which appears to a more porminent comparison to the prior examination" and "appears to impinge upon the exiting nerve root"
May 11th Dr Apptment - Told that another Discsectemy could be done.

Looking for Surgeon for second Opinion