View Single Post
Old 06-24-2022, 01:21 PM

Default Rather despondent new member

Hi all. Good to be a member of this forum. I have been browsing for a while.

I will tell you guys my story.

I have suffered with a severe autoimmune condition for almost 3 decades. For many years, it has been intolerable. I mean...torturous. Then, there came news that a few patients had somehow recovered after addressing their cervical stenosis.

I did have disc bulges on scans but had absolutely no pain, headaches, no symptoms whatsoever. Nonetheless, in my intense desperation, I decided to contact 5 surgeons. 3 advised not to have the surgery, 2 said to do it.

I was so desperate, suicidal, depressed, and had been for so long, I decided I would take the chance, come what may. I refused to listen to those who told me not to do it, that I was making a mistake.

I went to Thailand and had C3-C6 fused. It is now 18 months later and my C6-C7 is paining me all the time. The pain is beginning to radiate down my shoulders and I am having mild headaches. To make matters worse, it did not help my autoimmune condition.

I have been fighting to improve my health for almost 3 decades and now, I have made the stupidest move I could ever make. I am 10 times worse off than I was before. I do not know what to do.

The surgeon in Thailand said I am not a candidate for ADR due to facet joint issues.

That is my story. Thank you for reading.