View Single Post
Old 10-10-2010, 03:13 PM

Default Insurance Approved Prodisc-C C6-C7

Greetings all. My name is Mark. My story started almost 11 years ago, it was my turn to feed my infant daughter in the wee hours of the morning when I slipped on the stairs with her in my arms. It's amazing how instinctively you don't even consider protecting yourself in that split second. Months after the fall I was diagnosed and required a fusion C5-C6. By that time I had significant atrophy in my right arm along with numbness and pain. Fusion went well.

5 years later I was again back with pain and then diagnosed with C6-C7 herniated and causing me trouble. Knowing that this was caused by the previous fusion I have been fighting off another fusion for over 5 years now. I recently had a NS submit to insurance for an ADR. We were basically going through the motions as he stated that they won't approve it. Shortly after I received the denial letter from insurance. Going through the motions again I appealed. To my surprise it was shortly after approved.

I'm planning to have this done in November with the Prodisc-C. Unfortunately the NS has done only a couple of these as only workers comp patients historically could get it approved.

I've read a lot of good information here in this community already and am happy to join it.

My insurance is self funded by the healthcare organization I work for and managed by United Health Insurance.