View Single Post
Old 10-11-2010, 11:40 AM

Harrison thanks for the info - yes same level however surgeon did not do much with c5-c6 but opened up the foramen and removed "tiny" piece of the facet in c6-c7 - My surgeon gave me only 2 options for the problem I was having; fusion or foraminotomy, never mentioned ADR as a possibility - when I found out about it this time around I asked him why he did mention ADR as a possibility, he said he did not mention it because I'm not a candidate - this is contrary to everything I have read so far accept for the surgery he did in march - I have an appointment with texas back institute this wednesday - hopefully get some good news - as for now pretty upset about the whole thing

As for what started the DDD not completely sure - it began 7 yrs ago - while lifting weights had episode of rt sided upper back pain and radiculopathy of the rt arm which confined me to my bed for 2 weeks - the episode past but have had that same back pain for past 7 yrs and then developed an acute herniation again in march this time with acute significant weakness - was very concerned about it being permanent so did the least invasive surgery within a few days - now back to having pretty intense back pain again.