Thread: Intro
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2010, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robinson14 View Post
... What are the outcomes after the adr surgery? What kind of restrictions are you faced with? I worked a very hard manual labor job and am scared im not going to be able to return to it.
Robinson, I have neckties that are older than you, and I sure hate that you're having this at only 22.

I have no physical limitations due to my double ADR. Since that surgery I have run marathons and lifted and carried objects whose weight approached 200lbs. However, all of my surgeries were cervical, which from what I've read is a tip toe through the tulips compared with lumbar. I don't know what limitations you'll have. Once you have surgery PLEASE consult your doctor before returning to your physically demanding job.

You may have one other option for getting ADR that I didn't consider previously.

This study is for a new lumbar investigational ADR device, and they are currently recruiting participants. It is for the TRIUMPH® Artificial Disc. I know NOTHING about that device and so can't speak for/against it. The study is non-randomized and there is no control arm; which means that you don't stand a chance of waking up from surgery with fusion.

If you are willing to receive an ADR as part of an investigational study, point your browser at clinicaltrials.gov and search for "artificial disc". There will be a lot of data to weed through, but it's a place to start.

Good luck, Jeff
Conceded defeat to a manifestly disingenuous BCBS-TX in my quest for reimbursement, Jan 2011