View Single Post
Old 10-27-2010, 08:06 AM

Hi Adam,

Thoughts: As Harrison said, and I as I know from many MRI experiences, the written report says it all. Have you read the report? If Harrison allows it to be posted, maybe put it on the board and we can "transcribe" it. I can't imagine how a disk can transition into another disc. And if you had a provocative discogram, they usually don't lie, especially if other control discs are done at the same time.

For eating, can you eat soft foods and be OK? Or mash things down? Things that don't have to break down so much in the stomach, well cooked vegetables, soups, even some well-cooked rices like basmati. I would avoid harder foods to digest for now, cheeses, meats, chicken, etc ... protein foods take the longest to digest. And forget where your stomach "should" be, everyone is different and heals at different rates. Maybe your doctor can give you medicine for your stomach depending on what the issue is (prevacid, or even something to help break down the food ...)

As for sleep, I had that issue in 2003 after a failed nucleoplasty. Part of it was due to high anxiety and depression which really effects sleep, and Percocet since for many people it can be stimulating to the system. I tried Ambien, Lunesta, natural sleep aids, and nothing worked. Have you tried an anti-depressants with helpful sleep properties such as the tricyclic family (elavil, trazodone, etc ....). Sometimes even SSRI's help (Zoloft, Paxil, etc ...). For me, I had used the anti-depressant Serzone years earlier (built up to 300mg) and that really worked well. There was some controversy of liver problems with Serzone, but that was so so rare, many people still use it. I would again if needed.

Hope this can be of some help.

Ken

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFerrell View Post
I am now 3 weeks post op and it now seems like the pain has worsened. I dont know what to think. I have other issues. Such as eating, i cannot eat very much before i begin to hurt in the stomach. Also, My stomach is still not where is should be. Its still more left than it should be. Doc says this is normal. I just hope all this will become better. I have been having trouble sleeping and waking up in pain the last 2 days. The meds seems to have work a little but i am becoming immune to them and it SUCKS lol. Any ideas to how to sleep and sleep all night?