View Single Post
Old 11-08-2010, 08:01 PM

Default Shop Around!

Joell,

Jeff makes very good points on all fronts.

If your going to go over seas for the surgery take your time and shop around and find the situation that you feel the most comfortable with.

Mine was a two year process. I looked at the surgeons in Germany, Spain and England. I also considered India. For me Germany was just too expensive. I had been to India before on vacation and loved the Country. The cost for the surgery would have been the least expensive there, but it is a long trip and I was not comfortable going that far to have the surgery. I then set my focus on Dr. Clavel in Barcelona and Dr. Boeree in England. I liked the both of them and they were very good to work with. For me it came down to a couple of things. I had a set time I could get off work to have the surgery and Dr. Boeree was not available, but I was also very inpressed with Dr. Clavel and was more than comfortable having him do the surgery. The cost did play into is as well. Germany was about 40K for a two level, England was 34K and Spain was 27K.

So in general that was my process. If you need anything more specific please let me know. All the best to you as you shop around.

JPJH