View Single Post
Old 11-21-2010, 01:54 AM

Default Double Whammy L4-5, L5-S1

Hey folks.
I am about to join the ranks of folks with ADR on 2nd Dec. (Getting Prodisc L, Dr.David Wong, Singapore). I've had a numb left leg from knee down and unrelenting back pain since an episode in June this year that left me rolled up in a foetal position, weeping from unbearable back pain.
I've been thru bouts of depression (that shocked me as I am NOT a downbeat person). I've had the days where you can't sit, stand, lie down, do anything without the back pain making it a nightmare.
I did strike it lucky and find this website whilst researching about TDR (total disc replacement). It frankly gave me hope that there is light at the end of this tunnel and it's not a freight train coming to hit me!!
I've had fights with insurance (BUPA) and eventually won and am 11 days from what I hope will be a new beginning. My nick name here in Singapore is "Dancin Tommy" (hence the handle) and I've done none of that for ages.
I know what to expect from reading the many threads on this site and thanks to all of you guys who shared their experiences. Knowing you're not alone, even in this anonymous virtual world, is a huge relief. (And Richard- top job starting it all!!)
Am looking forward to reclaiming my nickname and enjoying an active life once again.

Last edited by danzintommy; 11-21-2010 at 01:57 AM. Reason: More info