View Single Post
Old 11-22-2010, 10:41 AM

Hiya.
Back pain is the pits!
But the leg weakness thing happened to me too. I had a mega back pain session in June and after that I've been numb in left leg from knee down along my shin. My daughters think its funny to poke me with a pin whilst I'm watching TV and see when I react. (Well-it amuses them....grrrr )

The other thing I found out (post June) is taking long strides, walking down stairs, or trying to go up 2 at a time will result in me falling flat on my face unless I can get support on something(bannister, hand rail...I'm sure you get my drift).

So I'd just avoided stair induced facial rhinoplasty a couple of times when it all twigged (I'm a bit slow...remember the pins?)
Anyway- it does happen. The other things that I've noticed are that at time my glutes or thigh feels "corked" (Aussie slang for getting hit in the muscle) and once in a while I'll get the same feeling in my right leg.

I'm having surgery on 2 Dec.

Oh- and the insurance company rejected me at 1st. (Long story - but posted part of it in the "Insurance Hell" section in answer to Researcher's question. If I knew how I'd post the link here.)

Anyway- good luck with everything. Keep your spirits up. You are not alone- and ibuprofin is a short term solution. If you need it regularly, you need something else. I think taking it helped me to really destroy my back earlier this year.

Last edited by danzintommy; 11-22-2010 at 10:42 AM. Reason: my poor spelling!