View Single Post
Old 12-06-2010, 10:34 PM

Default Prolotherapy

It's been a week since my last post and thought to give you an update on my case! I saw a laser spine surgeon and he basically explained that they can do laser surgery on the herniated disc and the facet joints but success is not guaranteed since I had prior surgery, not to mention that it costs $22k and I have to travel to Arizona for this kind of surgery. So that's that for laser!

I was talking to friend who did prolotherapy treatment and had amazing results after 2 failed back surgeries so I thought to give it a try. I had my first treatment last Thu where Dr injected my lower back with a dextrose solution (and something else!!), gave me few back exercises to do every morning and asked me not to workout (except walking) for 2 weeks. He said that usually patients see positive results after 3 treatments. Amazingly I started feeling little better starting from the next day and everyday after that I feel better and better!! I will be continuing the prolotherapy treatment despite the fact that it's not covered by insurance. I also put the Dec 13 surgery on hold to see how the prolotherapy is going to help especially that none of the surgeons I spoke to for second opinion encouraged me to do the arthoplasty! Good luck to all and I will keep you posted on my treatment... keeping my fingers crossed that it will help with my back and foot pain!!
Reinjured myself 3 weeks after surgery with shooting pain left leg
2 epidural injections didn't help
Left foot pain, numbness and slight back pain