View Single Post
Old 12-24-2010, 07:20 AM

I completely empathize with your situation and hope the vest for you. I read your profile and it seems you have had back pain since 1999, so going on 11 years now. And if it is a herniated disc, they just keep degenerating.

As for pain, like you, I don't have pain all the time either. But it has limited my life so that I can't do all the things I would like to do. Is that how you feel? Limited? Are you living to survive or cautious with all your activities because of pain? If so, think of surgery as not only to help your back, but preventative for future possible worse back problems. I often wondered if it is better to wait, but what, wait until it is so bad that your begging for relief?

Don't worry about a video. You'll be under and won't feel it. The hardest part in my opinion is recovery

Thank god your insurance is paying, your luckier than most ADR patients. And your doc, outside of the 4 he has done, is he a great doc otherwise? Does he have great education/med school/residency? Is the hospital you are going to a really good one? Do you feel comfortable with your doc?

I can understand your hesitancy with a doc who has done 4, but what if those 4 were all great successes? It's always a tough decision, but only you have to be comfortable with it, no one else.

Wishing you a health back!

Ken