View Single Post
Old 12-24-2010, 10:51 AM

Scrill,

Condolences and welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrill View Post
The deal is, I don't have pain all of the time. But when I do, it's bad and I can't walk for days. It happens 2 or 3 times a year and lasts weeks. I lose time off work and haven't taken a real vacation in years. I stay away from activities that aggravate my back. The things that are supposed to be helping it are hurting it. (Yoga, core strengthening exercizes, etc)

Reading everyone's posts I feel like my surgery isn't warranted. Maybe I am just looking for a way out.
This is a somewhat subjective question, but it is one that only you can answer; weighing the risks and expense of surgery against feeling mostly Ok most of the time, but being subject to being out of commission for weeks at a time a few times a year and not being able do anything more strenuous than gingerly walking down the hall. That someone else is in worse condition than you are shouldn't suggest that relief of your symptoms and limitations aren't warranted. Having your life back is warranted; but only you can decide if it is worth incurring the risks inherent with surgery.

Anyway, good luck on the 4th, and please keep us posted.

Jeff
Conceded defeat to a manifestly disingenuous BCBS-TX in my quest for reimbursement, Jan 2011