Thread: Hello
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2017, 12:23 PM

Of course we all wish you a swift recovery. But I agree with Fathub and unless you are self employed or work for a non profit, I suggest that you never forget that the sole purpose of any business is ultimately only to generate profits for the owners. I am not trying to be cynical but I have worked for mega corps for my entire life, and have seen that employees are only tools -and once no longer needed or damaged...get thrown away.

This is not a political forum and I am not seeking to go there....just that stuff happens with this surgery and you need to keep your options open. FMLA in most states can certainly be extended up to the max allowed by law.

My 3 level, left me with little voice for almost 4 weeks. This may have been particular to problems I had in surgery due to a pre existing sinus condition...but I could not talk with clients at work if I wanted to. Dr Clavel had also asked that I take muscle relaxers -and those made me both foggy and too tired to stay awake the entire day without an afternoon nap! Conversely, I also had some steroids for my throat for awhile, and they kept me awake at night. Really early return to work just wasn't an option. But you are younger than me and it makes a difference.
C5-C6:Moderate disc osteophytes. Mild-moderate canal stenosis. Moderate-severe bilateral foraminal stenosis.
C6-C-7:Mild-moderate disc osteophytes. Mild canal stenosis. Moderate left and moderate-severe right foraminal stenosis.
June 29,2016-3 level M6 (C4-C7) Dr. Clavel Barcelona