View Single Post
Old 10-10-2006, 07:24 PM

Hi Kap,

Sorry you feel pain like the rest of us here. The reason I jumped into the ADR camp was because I feel it's the most logical choice for me. I'm only 38 and I believe that immobolizing an area of the spine will put stress on my adjacent discs in the years to come and give me more problems. I've done alot of research, talked to doctors, went to a symposium and talked to people who have discs. When I saw all the smiling people who have had successful ADR surgery, I said, "I'll have what they're havin!" The stats seem better but whatever you do, get a GOOD doctor!

If I could hold out, I would hold out for the Maverick disc. It just looks fancier to me....

In the years to come they'll have injectable gells that become your disc, and even stem cells.

My need to end 3 years of pain and narcotics pushed my decision up so I waited patiently for the Prodisc to be approved on August 14 (on my Mom's birthday!) and fought the insurance company to get a good surgeon. They tried to tell me the Prodisc was experimental but I got doctors in my company to help me educate the adjuster that the 2,000.00 a month it took to drug me was alot more than a Prodisc surgery from a good doctor. I'm very excited about the prospect of having less pain.

If you're considering ADR you've come to the right place. You will definitly get educated quick here.

Welcome!
Epidurals and facet injections
5/15/06 Discogram confirmed L4-L5 DDD also an asymptomatic L5-S1 tear
10/24/06 L4-L5 Prodisc surgery with Dr. Goldstein
CAT scans & X-Rays show ossification
Trigger Point Injections, Medial Branch Blocks, Acupuncture, Weekly Deep Tissue Massage
10/27/08 Discogram (positive L5-S1 tear)
11/25/08 L5-S1 fusion with Dr. Goldstein
FAILED BACK SYNDROME
Liberty Mutual WC