View Single Post
Old 10-12-2006, 09:52 AM

I was not deployed to the Gulf, that was before and after my time in service. Ive had x-rays and a MRI. X rays show a compression fracture on the anterior superior vertebral end plate of L4 and decreased disc space at l5-s1. The MRI shows DDD at the lowest 3 lumbar discs, severe at l5-s1. The L5-S1 disc is bulging diffusely, causing central canal stenosis and bilateral intervertebral foraminal compromise. Also a slight uncontained herniation on the left posterolateral portion of the disc. L3-L4 looks like it is beat up, but it doesnt cause pain. The pain is definatly over the L5-S1 disc. I have great facets and great bone density. Dr. Bitan turned me down for the kiniflex study because he thought my DDD at L3-L$ was too pronounced for the study(multi level DDD). Im not sure, but I think I could still be a candidate for the surgery as long as it is not a clinical study. The parameters are more stringent for the clinical studies, right? Anyway, got to go to systems physiology class. Any feedback is again much appreciated.
Former Army Sniper
Waiting as long as I can before getting fusion or perferably ADR