View Single Post
Old 09-01-2006, 01:16 PM

Eddie
Any patient in the US has the right to refuse any treatment they are not comfortable with. I would discuss this with my surgeon if you are that adamant about it. They may have some concerns about the effect of anesthesia causing you to be inable to urinate yourself after the surgery. I know this is a concern in some surgeries. There may be a concern about keeping the bladder empty and out of the surgical field during the surgery as well. The second would be my first thought on this as far as the surgeon goes. Beleive me you will be in pain after surgery and if you are like I was then u will be glad you didnt have to get up right after surgery to go potty. LOL
Course I had a 2 level fusion so ............maybe more painful than u will have to experience but this is something to talk to your doc about and get settled before you go to the hospital. Most hospitals are like drones lol they do what they are told and unless you really rock the boat or get an order from the surgeon before hand you will have what they want done.
Hope this helps
Evaluated by Dr Blumenthal at TBI
2/2005 ADR 2 level recommended
2 level lumbar fusion