View Single Post
Old 09-11-2007, 08:47 AM
Administrator

Lisa, thanks again for posting this information. I smile with satisfaction when I see patients obtaining their records and digging into the details...it's so important for so many reasons!

I know you saw this FAQ on AS, but for newbies, here it is (complete with the pronunciation key!):

What is ankylosing spondylitis?
http://adrsupport.org/eve/forums/a/t...1/m/9481000181

It’s interesting that gene testing/diagnostics is getting more attention. Yet, I hope that gene marking does not lead to really nasty changes in insurance coverage for patients!

If you see the latest post in the FAQ, some technical articles are starting to focus on the pathogenic causes for these ‘auto-immune” diseases. My hope is that the diagnostic testing improves where professionals across key disciplines (hematology, spine, rheumatology, etc.) can agree on the pathogenic causes of these insidious diseases that lead to spinal problems.

Oddly, AS and similar health conditions have been around for decades, and some of the research has been neglected (or for that matter, unfunded). This crusty 1998 article from the UK talks about the marker for AS that you found in your report (the writer is based in Mass.). It also mentions, in detail, similar conditions caused by other pathogens.

A question to the community – is this an important issue that is worthy of more research and analysis?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Septic_Arthritis.pdf (86.9 KB, 3 views)
Founder & moderator of ADRSupport - 2004
Founder Arthroplasty Patient Foundation a 501(c)(3) - 2006
Creator & producer, Why Am I Still Sick? - 2012
Donate www.arthropatient.org/about/donate