Thread: Another Newbie
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2009, 11:26 PM

Lynne,

You have to ask yourself what the options are. You have two bulging discs which are pinching your nerves. After awhile, the discs could shrink and shrivel up and maybe decompress the nerves. But then your disc space collapses and take out your facets and a whole bunch of fun things will happen, or you will just get better. A discectomy will cut out the bulges and probably help for awhile.

For me, I had the bulges and the discectomies, one which helped for about 10 years until the other disc blew out. Had a discectomy on that one and it just went south. I could spend the rest of my life on pain pills and injections with finally having a multi level fusion. That wasn't for me. My only option with any good success was the two level ADR which after almost 2 years now, I am pain free and working.

In my opinion, if all you have is the bad discs and not much else, ADR is the way to go. Carefully weigh your options and make a decision. It won't be easy, but it was the only one for me and the most difficult one to make.

Mark
Multiple facet blocks and epidurals
L5-S1 annular tear 8-08 lased with ELD
October 08 back to work