View Single Post
Old 08-06-2012, 07:17 PM

Thanks for the response and desire to help. Not sure where to start or what to ask. I guess first I am not positive I need the extensive surgery the surgeon is suggesting. If he changes the diagnosis, does that bring negative attention to my situation? My insurance says it will cover ADR at one level when non-invasive procedures have been exhausted. I have gone through therapy (last summer but only with a therapist for 3 weeks-she told me I had a very strong core and really didn't need the therapy) I did continue on my own for about 3 months. I also had one shot in the spine and that was a total waste of money. I tried a NUCCA chiropractor for 8 weeks that was also a waste of money. I am sure what I have done will not satisfy the insurances guidelines of non invasive procedures so I am prepared to go through therapy again if necessary. No more shots though...I have read to much that they cause more damage. Maybe we can start with what were the real red flags that you and your partner found and what suggestions do you have for me? Thanks for taking the time to help. I really appreciate it.
2012-3rd MRI-Suggested surgical procedure of S1-L5 fusion and L5-L4 ADR - Cigna denial on both procedures