View Single Post
Old 08-10-2013, 11:52 AM

I received a letter of non-certification from the "Medical Cost Management Corporation" for BCBS. I can't believe that they won't even consider fusion. Their "Principle Reason" is that my pain should be controlled with lifestyle changes and conservative treatment. They really want you to jump through hoops. Well since I'm the queen of record keeping, they will receive a 5 page letter outlining my "conservative" treatment along with doctors notes and results for the past 5 years. THIS THEY ALREADY HAVE! For goodness sake, BCBS paid for it! I have always been a firm believer that you never give up. These organizations rely on people throwing their hands in the air and saying, "oh well." Please let me know if there is anything else I can request or document while in Germany. I don't want to leave Dr. Bierstedt's office until I have whatever documentation, coding, etc. that can at least give me some chance of reimbursement; minuscule as it may be. I am elated to hear that many of you are being reimbursed, especially for multi-level. I am hopeful too. Congratulations for breaking the boundaries so the rest of us may pass!
My sincerest gratitude
C4/5 central and rightward bulging of disc and osteophyte causing mild right neural foramen stenosis narrowing and right lateral recess narrowing
C6/7 Central disc bulging and osteophyte and hypertrophy of ligamentum flavum canal stenosis and narrowing of bilateral neural foramina
Sept 9, 2013 Scheduled with Dr. Bierstedt C4/5 & C6/7 M6