View Single Post
Old 05-13-2011, 10:39 AM

Default New to Site and looking for stories of success

Hi everyone,

I'm brand new to this site. Having just discovered that surgeons want to correct my recent shoulder pain by removing 3 cervical discs and fusing the vertebra, I went looking on the internet for an alternative. It seems that most of what I read is negative. I don't see much material related to success out there with either fusion or disc replacement. This has thrown me into a depressive state. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I've got to believe that since disc replacement has been around for 25 years there must be some success out there. Thanks in advance.
Hi everyone, my name is Nick. I have degenerative discs in my neck at c5, c6 and c7. I began to notice problems with these about 12 years ago when I experienced pain in my right shoulder after playing tennis. This was cured by an epidural injection and I have had no pain until about 3 weeks ago (late April, 2011). I now have significant pain in my left shoulder that 2 surgeons want to cure by removing all 3 discs with a spinal fusion.