View Single Post
Old 09-10-2014, 11:24 PM

Default M6-c

Like many my injuries were complicated. In my neck I injured three disc with one complete fracture at the C-5. My surgeon wanted to fuse all three levels. My Neurosurgeon advised carefully waiting and seeing how I healed.

A whole lot of doctors, medicine, therapy and pain, and now nine months later my new MRI showed some healing on two of the disc. My surgeon Dr. Musante said the broken vertebrae must be fixed to stabilize my neck and help with the terrible arm pain. He is participating in the recently opened U.S. Clinical Trial for the one level M6-C.

I passed my bone density test with flying colors today. Which I thought I would. I am 53 years old and had never had a broken bone in my life.

I researched and tried to contact doctors about stem cell treatments to heal the disc and regrown the vertebra but no luck so the M6 is the best option I have found. I feel fortunate to be in the study. After nine months I am ready to get better. So glad yours went well and I hope mine will too.

I injured three disc in my neck with a fractured vertebra and compression on C-5 that caused severe pain, numbness and weakness in both arms and legs.

After a lot of research, I had a successful M6-C Total Artificial Disc Replacement on C-5-6 as part of a clinical trial, to stabilize my neck and improve my health. So far I am doing well and feeling better every day.