View Single Post
Old 05-19-2008, 10:22 AM

I just won an appeal on Oklahoma Workers Compensation, (Comp Source) on a two level cervical adr C-5,6,7. Let me start with my history. I had a car crash in 2004 which led to fusions at C-3,4,5. Another crash in 2007 which messed up C-5,6,7. Fusion approved but I didn't want my entire neck fused. My Neurosurgeon said that I needed a two level adr to return to work but he could only do one level. He referred me to Dr. Zigler at the Texas Back Institute but Worker's Comp. refused the referral to get an opinion whether adr was feasable or not and they said they would never approve adr surgery. I went on my own dime to TBI to see Dr. Zigler and he said I was a good candidate and it would offer me the best chance to return to work. I got the recommendations from the two Neurosurgeons and my attorney and went to court. The Judge agreed with the Neurosurgeons and advised that as long as they agree to comply with Oklahoma Worker's Compensation pay schedule and the Certified Workplace Medical Plan then I was approved for surgery. I went into this letting the doctor know what I was up against and what I needed to get it. He had some experience with Worker's Compensation and wrote the letter and addressed it to Dr. Hisey, (my Neurosurgeon that is Worker's Comp. approved,) in Oklahoma to get it into the system so that it would be in my medical file and recognized as part.
HELMET BELIEVER!