Thread: Doctor Problems
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2006, 03:45 PM

Dale
In most states it is illegal for a Dr to abandon a patient which is essentially what happened here.
Here in our state if our drs decided to stop treating a patient for whatever reason they were required to send out a letter to the patient stating this and giving them the reason for doing so.
They were also encouraged to give the patient the name of other treating physicians that could help them in the future.
You might want to check into this. AMA governs a lot of this stuff as well as the CA Physicians board that they are members of.
I feel badly that you were treated that way. If he did not feel comfortable treating you whatever reason he had, then he should have informed you of this fact in writing.
Good luck to you!
I know first hand how hard it is to get a surgeon to see someone who has had any type of complication from surgery with another physician.
I had problems after my discectomy in 2003. I was turned away by just about every surgeon in Nashville due to the fact that "they did not seepatients that had surgery by another physician"
So what is a person supposed to do? Go back to the quack that caused you a problem in the first place?
No I dont think so. At one time my primary care physican and I were so distraught over this that she was ready to send me to someone over 2 hours away since we had so much trouble getting anyone to even look at me about the post op complications.
Luckily we found someone finally who would at least consult with me then I found Dr Blumenthal at TBI finally.
Anyway I know that doesnt help but at least you know you are not the only one that this has happened to.
I wonder whatever happened to The Hippocratic Oath?
Off my soap box now!
Evaluated by Dr Blumenthal at TBI
2/2005 ADR 2 level recommended
2 level lumbar fusion