View Single Post
Old 02-25-2005, 10:50 PM
Banned

Cindy,
I still have a potential 3 level problem. The L3 disc is disrupted and has a tear. On first discogram it was concordant for pain and on 2nd discogram it wasn't. L4 and L5S1 are to be replaced.
My case is a bit more involved than yours and I would prefer not to be under trial parameters when having this surgery as I think if there is more that needs to be done, it could be done because the surgeon could then use his own perogative on how to proceed.
You are younger than me with much less involvement than I've had in terms of levels and some other things going on.
I also would like for the surgeons to gain more experience at doing multiple levels and some complicated cases...
That's just my thinking...
BTW, I'm not sure that ESIs are any more damaging to the bone density than is not being on one's feet for a length of time and the lack of Calcium absorption (and esp. withdrawl of Calcium in menopause which I'm going thru..).
And lastly we are in a temporary dwelling right now and need to relocate to a house or bigger apt. so I will definately wait until that is over with..