View Single Post
Old 03-11-2008, 08:48 AM

I closely monitor all the meds I take, and do not take an excessive amount but that is a good advice and something to definitely keep in mind. I am just not a big medicine guy, always believed my body could heal itself given the right amount of time, however it doesn't seem to be doing that here (or maybe I am just being to impatient).

If I could just sit for a reaonable amount of time it would make such a difference, its hard working all day either standing or typing while kneeling. Plus, I never understood before how such a drastic change in lifestyle and chronic pain can wear on you mentally. Still, I have a caring family and a great girlfriend (although I am probably not as open with her about my pain as I should be). With their help, the support and help I am finding here, and the understanding that there are ways out there to help me get better I am working to keep my spirits high.

The docs have said that my herniation can heal over time but that since they are almost certain that is not the cause of my pain they don't see it making a difference. I need to find someway to help deal with the degeneration I have in the disc. Who knows, maybe time will be on my side in these coming days.

Still looking into my options, I think that next is chiro - it and prolotherapy are pretty much my last non-surgical options it appears. With prolotherapry I have heard some very mixed results and undrestand it is $$$, chiro may help but my PT has done some basic chiro techniques without a dramatic effect but who knows. I will do whatever I am told and do so in good faith to know that am being as proactive as possible in my attempt to heal. Guess we'll see what the docs say. Thoughts anyone?

Hope you all are well today - best wishes.