View Single Post
Old 03-22-2006, 03:22 PM
Banned

Mariaa,

Asking you to forfeit all future medical benefits if you don't go along with 'their' recommendations when you're in pain, is clearly blackmail, coercion and intimidation. You would be signing such a document under duress, you're only mindset would be getting rid of the pain. This signed document, though done with your full understanding would probably not stand up to legal scrutiny. I'm not an attorney but suggest that with all the delays wc has put you through, I'd march myself to the nearest attorney's office. You have a right to a speedy relief.

As a past employer, I watched employees win wc cases quite quickly that had no merit because they had outside representation and others that should have been covered, denied. The bottom line with all insurance companies, regardless of the coverage, is the bottom line. I realize that we live in a sue happy environment but the reasons are we're being denied our rights by big business. To put it in the simplist of terms, they started it and sometimes we just have too much to lose. We need to fight for our rights and often need professional help.

Though I doubt you'd get wc to pay for surgery overseas, forcing you to give up future benefits when you're getting the best medical care possible, is wrong. You've been around the block too much already and you should be included in any choice made for your health. I wish you and everyone else in your situation good luck. Please remember that a bully is a bully regardless of what they call themselves.

Dale