View Single Post
Old 03-22-2006, 11:08 PM
Banned

Dale,
California Worker's Compensation has been under some legislative reform implementation since Oct.2005. Right now I think all WC insurance companies are mandated to go "by the book" tho prior to this date, while Utilization Review denied or non certified a request for a 2 level ADR for me back in 2004, the WC insurance co. itself was willing to pay, but I wasn't ready at that point to have it. (also was thinking if they want to pay, what's wrong?)...

I've had liftime future medical benefits since around mid '80's. Last time I used the WC legal firm that represented me thru original case and reopening, I then had to use some of my own funds to retain the law firm in the '90s. It was worth it as I won back that $ plus more thru penalties.. however, at this point, I don't really have anything to fight just yet as I still have a legal process to follow which is apply for authorization and appeal .. go to arbitration.. so forth which I believe at which point I might be several more years older, and more implants would be approved and more data around for backing up use of implants vs. fusion..

Anyway, I thank you for your support and wishes for myself and the everyone else that has to deal with the WC process~

BTW, I think there have been some cases where WC has paid for a few 3 level ADRs overseas.. or at least one already that we know of and maybe one pending...

take care and thanks ~ Maria