View Single Post
Old 05-03-2016, 08:11 PM

I'm part of the 13% and SO GLAD I ignored all the surgeons and people who told me not to bother with the metal allergy blood test! I am highly reactive to nickel (which I already knew), reactive to molbdenum and mildly reactive to Chromium and Zirconium. Perhaps the surgeons in the U.S. just don't mind putting their patients through a corrective surgery. It's crazy to me that they don't test for it. Dr. Clavel was the only surgeon I spoke to that said he thought I should get tested.

Today, I met again with a really great orthopedic knee surgeon who takes metal allergies seriously. The great news is that he agreed that I am not allergic to titanium!!!

I sent all the findings off to Dr. Clavel today and am now waiting to hear back from Yolanda.

"Immune response to implants is commonly reported in the literature and can include hypersensitivity related to pacemakers, dental implants, and orthopedic hardware.[1] Furthermore, as many as 13% of people are sensitive to nickel, cobalt, or chromium.[1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9] The development of metal sensitivity after implantation of orthopedic hardware is common.[1, 10, 11, 12]" http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1230696-overview

This information is from the manufacturers' websites.

"If you have any of the following, you should NOT have surgery with Mobi-C:
A known allergy to what Mobi-C is made of: cobalt, chromium, molybdenum, titanium, hydroxyapatite, polyethylene, and other trace elements.

"The ProDisc-C Total Disc Replacement should not be implanted in patients with the following conditions:
-Allergy or sensitivity to the implant materials (cobalt, chromium, molybdenum, polyethylene, titanium)"
2016 more RFAs, hit the 10 year mark of this insanity and pain, 3 level M6-C ADR with Dr. Clavel May 19, 2016