View Single Post
Old 05-07-2016, 05:52 PM

Talking Surgery in Europe is scheduled

Well, this thread is about to come to an end. I have surgery scheduled with Dr. Clavel for May 19th. I got my airline ticket and my hotel reservation for the third week I plan to be there. Yolanda will take care of the first two weeks. I have been working like crazy since I got her email at 5 a.m. yesterday morning to pull my trip together and still have so much to do. When I was a normal person, this type of thing was not a big deal for me but, now that I am in so much pain all the time, it's really hard to do just about anything. This entire year has really been difficult. I've had to lay in bed a lot and not move to keep the pain tolerable. (As my Mom said before she died "I feel like a slug." I am missing her so much right now and wish she was here to share the experience. Happy Mother's Day Mom!) I'll just keep plugging away at my list. I used to travel internationally so, at least I have experience with it. It's taken me a year to pull this surgery together with lots and lots of research plus, some bumps along the way. I was so relieved to get the green light from Dr. Clavel. Honestly, I can't wait to meet him! I sure hope I'm one of the lucky ones that doesn't have problems after surgery. Wish me luck .

@Scoop, I posted about the knee. Just go back a page or two if you want to read the long story. The short story is I have titanium screws in my knee from a surgery many years ago so, the first blood test that said I was allergic to titanium was crappy information. The second blood test from Orthopedic Analysis made much more sense because it matched the history of my reactions to metals. The Mobi-C ended up not being an option for me. That little diversion ended up costing me an extra couple thousand when you add up all the tests and doctor appointments plus, 10 months to get through it all. I'm pretty miffed at our healthcare system. At least that part is behind me.
2016 more RFAs, hit the 10 year mark of this insanity and pain, 3 level M6-C ADR with Dr. Clavel May 19, 2016