ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Big File

The Big File All issues not easily categorized in the above forums are here. Comments on general health, diet, "getting comfortable," and more are here.

Old 01-24-2008, 11:35 AM

THE GEL TO STOP WOUNDS SCARRING
A gel that can help wounds hal faster and reduce scarring, is being developed by british scientists. It works in part by increasing regeneration of blood vessels around a wound and speeding up tissue reconstruction. It also suppresses the gene osteopontin which triggers scarring. Lead researcher professor Paul Martin said "We hope it wont be long before such therapies are available. Indeed the technique is currantly being licensed and patented by a bioyech company. Scarring is a natural by-product of tissue repair but scars can be damaging to the health , particularly when they are internal. scars resulting from alcohol-induced liver damage can lead to fibrosis nd liver failure, and those from most types of abdominal surgery often laed to major complications. Earlier research by prifessor martin,s lab at the uniof Bristol showedthat embryos of many species, including humans , heal wounds without scarring. His latest findings will be published by the journal of experimental medicine on saturday
http://www.adrsupport.org/alastair.html
Thank goodness for Dr Zeegers I am painfree
I am here to help,I live in the UK

I now run the UK spine site and can be contacted at

www.adrsupportuk.com/
Old 02-12-2008, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Alastair:
THE GEL TO STOP WOUNDS SCARRING
A gel that can help wounds hal faster and reduce scarring, is being developed by british scientists.
Reading about scarring with surgery (makes re-operation hard) I assume that w/o it there will be fewer post-operative (perioperative?) recovery and pain issues. Anyway, found two items

Opiplex and
Duragen to provide an adhesion barrier.

There are probably a few possible solutions around to be tested, Thank Goodness.

S-->

----------------------------------------------------------

slackwater_sf
2004 MVA, 2-level lumbar surgical candidate