ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Big File

The Big File All issues not easily categorized in the above forums are here. Comments on general health, diet, "getting comfortable," and more are here.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 02-25-2006, 03:12 PM
Mariaa Mariaa is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,121
Default

To keep anyone who is still interested in my lengthy endeavor..

After Consult in SD where surgeon recommended The Spine Center and Dr.Delamarter tho I've already seen Dr.Bae, so now latest report from WC is that San Diego Doc's report is going to WC UR recommending the 2 level ADR surgery and where..

I advised Nurse Case Manager that I first need to get Bone Mineral Density repeated to make sure my BMD is ok, then would need a discogram to see what we are dealing with in terms of discs that are painful ..

The BMD should be done first. It's imperative that is in the zone to so speak before proceeding with plans for surgery or more invasive testing (discogram).

Discogram can be ordered by Spine Center doc and done by my PM or with them if they do it tho I definately want another one done to make sure before surgery (as sure as one can be).

Also surgical consultation has to decide whether or not to check out facets at L5S1 before proceeding or whether that's an issue for ADR vs. fusion..

WC wants me to make a change of Primary Treating doctors before I have my surgical consultation~ they want me to utilize the doctor I saw in San Diego and I wouldn't have a problem with that as I really liked him tho right now I live in LA county and not SD co.

Anyway, this is the progress right now...at least things are moving in a direction that seems positive..

WC is going to request authorization thru UR for me to see surgeon at Spine Center again.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-25-2006, 03:38 PM
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

well Mariaa
sounds like things r moving in the direction you wanted. Thats Great News!
best wishes chuck
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-26-2006, 02:38 AM
spotty14 spotty14 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 365
Default

I"m glad the surgeon in San Diego supported you for ADR surgery. I hope WC follows through with their part quicker than before. I hope your bone density turns out within the range so you can get moving on this.
__________________
7/05 EMG/Nerve Conduction Tests
8/04 Disqualified from ADR clinical trial due to severe osteoporosis -- getting treatment
3/04 updated MRI
11/2000 IDET L 3/4, L4/5
1/2000 Discogram
numerous epidural injections
physical therapy
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-27-2006, 12:27 AM
Kim Kim is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 267
Default

Maria
Good for you and good luck! Keep us posted on your progress!
Kim
__________________
Kim
Herniated disc L5/S1 2000 Discectomy 10/2003 Rhizotomy 8/2004 and 3/2005Discogram 11/04 grade 7 tear L5/S1
L4/L5 Grade 5 tear with herniation and stenosis
Evaluated by Dr Blumenthal at TBI
2/2005 ADR 2 level recommended
2 level lumbar fusion
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-28-2006, 01:35 PM
Mariaa Mariaa is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,121
Default

Latest WC progress, authorized to see Dr.Bae at The Spine Center in Santa Monica and to call and set up an appt.~ now things are moving quickly..
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-28-2006, 06:48 PM
Kim Kim is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 267
Default

Good deal Maria so glad things are moving more quickly for you! Keep us updated please
__________________
Kim
Herniated disc L5/S1 2000 Discectomy 10/2003 Rhizotomy 8/2004 and 3/2005Discogram 11/04 grade 7 tear L5/S1
L4/L5 Grade 5 tear with herniation and stenosis
Evaluated by Dr Blumenthal at TBI
2/2005 ADR 2 level recommended
2 level lumbar fusion
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-06-2006, 07:16 PM
Mariaa Mariaa is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,121
Default

Appt. with Dr.Bae at The Spine Center scheduled for March 16th at 2:45p.m to determine if I'm still a candidate for multilevel Prodisc surgery..

I'll stop here until after the visit..
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-06-2006, 08:31 PM
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

My fingers are crossed for you, Maria.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-07-2006, 02:38 AM
ans ans is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,596
Default

Good luck in this long-awaited decision Maria.
__________________
Severe, extensive DDD, considered inoperable by Dr. Regan, Lauressen, & some guy at UCLA. Severe foraminal stenosis (guess they can't operate!) and some spinal cord compression that Lauryssen would fix if gets outta hand.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-13-2006, 11:21 PM
gary gary is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 160
Default

Maria,
your in great hands at the spine center in santa monica!! congrats on the progress finally, i know you have waited a long long time for this!
gary
__________________
DDD L4,L5&L5,S1 Prodisc Implants FDA Trials www.espineinstitute.com
DrRickDelamarter 07/2002/47yrsyoung
complete collapse L4 L5&Partial L5,S1 from surgery in
'79...
1979Laminectomy@L4,5/mylegram tech
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:06 PM.


© Copyright 2006-2017 ADRSupport.org All rights reserved.