ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions If you just joined, please introduce yourself here. Please add a signature describing your spinal history (use the "User CP) and ask us how we can help you get started.

Old 12-09-2012, 10:02 PM

It's funny how we can interpret the same sentence different ways. Did you post a link to a web page about BalanC? If you did I can't find it in your post.
Conceded defeat to a manifestly disingenuous BCBS-TX in my quest for reimbursement, Jan 2011
Old 12-13-2012, 07:44 PM

Default BalanC

Bing ->

Medtronic’s CD Horizon BalanC™Spinal System CE Mark (LINK)

CE Mark, more LINK
"The CD HORIZON BalanC™ rod is radiolucent, meaning it does not show up on x-rays, which allows the surgeon to view the quality of the spinal fusion using x-ray or fluoroscopy during a follow-up visit."

“Helping to alleviate the stress is important as clinical studies have demonstrated adjacent segments to a fusion tend to wear out more quickly, which can necessitate additional surgical procedures down the road,” said Jean-Charles Le Huec, M.D., Ph.D., Chief of Spine Unit and Chairman of Department of Orthopaedic and Traumatology at Bordeaux University Hospital" (former chair ISASS)

"About CD HORIZON BalanC™ Rod
The CD HORIZON® BalanC™ Spinal System is intended to help provide stabilization and/or immobilization of spinal segments of the lumbar and/or sacral spine for the pathologies of spinal stenosis, spondylolisthesis, and degenerative disc disease. The product is not available for market in the United States at this time."
Old 11-23-2013, 04:36 PM

Well,, It has been just over a year since I have been on here researching, talking with others etc. I maintained well for a while after starting to take Diclofenac, a strong antiinflammatory.. but now all the other associated pain I have both of my legs going numb for the last 2 months. It is even more obvious to me now that I have got to do something.

I have recently consulted with 3 surgeons and have a local fusion of l4-l5 surgery that takes place this coming tuesday.. if I stick with it. My local neurosurgeon is suggesting a fusion at l4/l5 and my doctor at Yale last week suggested a fusion at l4/l5. Yesterday I get a e-mail from Clavel via Yolanda that he thinks that an anterior fusion of l4/l5 with M6 adr at l3/l4 is quite possible. He has asked for my recent mri and xrays. I am going to upload this afternoon.

Looks like I need to decide if adr over with Clavel is what I should do or not. I feel that if I get just a fusion at l4/l5 that i may not get very far down the road before needing more work.

What do you all think... any recent experiences with Dr. Clavel or having hybrid fusion in the lumbar spine?

Thank for reading, Ken
-'04-07 picked up cycling training and racing frequency
-upgraded to Semi-Pro MTB in '07
-Got hit by car from behind while on training ride in '07... Herniated C5-C6
-Got Prodisc-C in '08 @C5-C6
-Back to Racing in '10-'11, Raced Elite/Pro classes...
-2012 Major issues lower lumbar from wreck in '04...
-Dealing S1-L3 DDD.
-Pain,Limited activities, loosing sleep
Old 11-23-2013, 06:40 PM

Default Adr

Def speak to dr Bierstedt as well!