ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > Insurance Hell

Insurance Hell All insurance-related matters are here: Medicare, worker's compensation, appeals, denials, insights, wins, losses. PRICING is here too. Note: This forum has posts from 2006 forward. Older ones are in the Big File.

Old 02-03-2014, 05:51 PM

Default California State Law on Initial Denials

What I am trying to find is if there is a state law or regulation in California as to who is allowed to approve or deny a request for medical services. The appeals process states that the person must have knowledge and experience in this particular area--I cannot find anything about the initial decision. I want to quote something in my appeal that the doctor who made my initial decision was a family physician. I know many other states do have laws to this effect. Would appreciate any help on this you can provide.

Thanks
Old 02-16-2014, 08:52 PM

Default Call the state

I'm about to do same for my knee surgery being denied. They denied my back 4 years ago too, but had clinical trial ADR so never pursued this.

California State Ins Board
916-255-2391

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasGuy13 View Post
What I am trying to find is if there is a state law or regulation in California as to who is allowed to approve or deny a request for medical services. The appeals process states that the person must have knowledge and experience in this particular area--I cannot find anything about the initial decision. I want to quote something in my appeal that the doctor who made my initial decision was a family physician. I know many other states do have laws to this effect. Would appreciate any help on this you can provide.

Thanks
L4-5 herniation 1989
Years of Chiropractic allowed me to become a world class athlete in spite of this.
Cedars Sinai / Dr. Rasouli opinion Jan 2010
Axiomed Freedom Disc *clinical trial* - Feb 22, 2010
7 years later, Dr. Rasouli (my savior) had predicted with great accuracy when I'd need 2 level cervical ADR
Sept 29, 2017, became owner of 2 Prestige LP discs C5/6 & 6/7.