ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Big File

The Big File All issues not easily categorized in the above forums are here. Comments on general health, diet, "getting comfortable," and more are here.

Old 02-23-2005, 01:59 PM

At 1:00 P.M. today I am going to take on the corrupt W/C system in a court of law. Please pray for me!
Old 02-23-2005, 02:14 PM
Banned

Just thinking about WC system re my own case and not feeling too good about it.
Saying a big prayer for you Jenny that this trial goes your way, all the way! Maria
Old 02-23-2005, 07:55 PM

Good luck with your trial. It stinks when legitemate injuries and treatments aren't taken care of more easily. As an employer, I spend many thousands of dollars on WC insurance every year, but we have to remember that one of the main reasons it's so hard to deal with is that there's so much fraud by people faking injuries and trying to get a "free ride"...so much so that the system doesn't work for cases like yours. Anyway, hope it ends up in your favor. Steve
Old 02-24-2005, 08:56 AM
Banned

My WC Nurse Case Manager said her experience has been that there is about 3% fraudulent claims on the part of the patient but these cases never make it as far as her, they are usually weeded out pretty early.

Part of the fraud game is the patient that falsifies a claim, and finds a lawyer and doctor that will validate this claim. I think this is actually a bigger part of the Fraud game. Or doctors that are just so called "mills" for WC claims and do unnecessary procedures with not usual and customary charges..
Old 02-24-2005, 09:40 AM

I would love to write on this subject of WC Claims Handling forever, but the negative energy just will not cure me today. If I can offer any positive insight to a member of ADRsupport then that would be good. I have a many questions relating to WC rating, premiums, accident investigation, fraud (incl. employer fraud, lawyer fraud, and state WC fraud), safety engineering, underwriting, loss control and accident prevention, formal and informal hearings, lawyers, doctors, hospitals, and WC statues. I also have a few answers and a lot of opinions. Just call. (JL)
6-14-05 L4/5 & L5/S1 Prodisc Yale New Haven CT Dr. James Yue
Old 02-26-2005, 06:30 PM

Wouldnt the "fraud" claim fall upon the Doctor performing the "unnecessary" surgery , not the patient. What is the patient gaining by having surgery that isnt needed???

To live in the most technologically advanced country in the world, and have to deal with all this third world country logic is mind blowing, including our insurance company dictated health system.....
Lost all ADR Appeals w/ UHC PLIF Fusion L5-S1 on 5/17/05.
Pars Defect L3-L4
DDD L3-L4 L4-L5
3 LVL Fusion Scheduled 4/08
Old 04-20-2005, 09:11 AM
Banned

I spoke to Jenny yesterday. There is great news about her legal woes. The corrupt machine that was pulling some incredible BS is crumbling.

Her radicular symptoms are gone. Her winging scapula is still there, but she's seeing some improvments still. She is amazing. I hope she can come to NY.

Yesterday, I also spoke to another client who was at the March '04 luncheon in SF, before her surgery and at the January '05 luncheon in LA, when she was 3-months post-op. He said, "I remember how much pain she was in at the first luncheon. At the second one, when I saw her go up in front of the room wearing high heels and put her palms on the floor, I couldn't believe it!"

I hope she comes along to give us an update soon.

Mark
Old 04-20-2005, 09:39 AM
Banned

Glad to hear that Jenny's beating WC corruption! I was really sure she could and would as her case just was to unbelievable for any WC judge to agree with the defense~
Well, since I won't be at the conference I'll look forward to the photos we will see on globalpatientnetwork.com and any personal observations/reports from peeps here, as well as hopefully purchasing the DVD when available!
Hope Jenny makes it also!