ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Big File

The Big File All issues not easily categorized in the above forums are here. Comments on general health, diet, "getting comfortable," and more are here.

Old 04-22-2006, 09:58 PM

Today I celebrated my 32nd birthday, but when I woke up this morning, it felt more like my 82nd. But not to worry, I was up and out after a while having dinner with my family at this little German restaurant out in the middle of nowhere. When it was time for dessert, 5 waitresses dressed in traditional German clothing arrived at our table singing Happy Birthday in German. I felt like a kid again, it was pretty cool!
Disc Bulge C4/C5, Disc Degeneration T11/T12, Bi-Lateral tears L5/S1, Diagnosed w/ Lumbar Disc Derangement w/ Radiculopaphy. Treatment: IDET, Percutaneous Discectomy, SI Joint Injection, Facet Block. All failed. Empire BC/BS Denied Coverage for ADR-lost all of my appeals. MVP also denied coverage.

ALIF/PLIF Fusion 1/20/09
Old 04-22-2006, 10:06 PM

Happy Birthday
Old 04-23-2006, 03:05 AM

Happy Birthday Nairek--German restaurant, huh?? Would you perhaps be considering a visit to Dr B?

All the best,

Trace
Old 04-23-2006, 09:18 AM
Administrator

Happy Birthday! Perhaps you could remind people here where you are at with respect to your procedure?

Founder & moderator of ADRSupport - 2004
Founder Arthroplasty Patient Foundation a 501(c)(3) - 2006
Creator & producer, Why Am I Still Sick? - 2012
Donate www.arthropatient.org/about/donate
Old 04-23-2006, 11:05 PM

Thank you everyone for your warm wishes! I actually have family in Germany & it was my grandmother who convinced my mother that there have been numerous ADR surgeries performed in Europe with excellent results. (My mother had been against it in the beginning.) It crossed my mind to vist Dr. B, but I don't feel right being a burden upon my grandmother and not being able to speak German would make it harder.

As for where I am with my procedure, I will be seeing my Ortho surgeon in 2 days. I will be discussing with him issues that I am having with my neck and will also ask him to schedule my Charite ADR surgery for sometime after June 22nd of this year. I am graduating from a certificate program in May & will continue my education towards earning my associates degree. My summer class should end on June 22nd. So hopefully, everything will go smoothly & hopefully the ugly head of the insurance company won't turn around & bite me in the you know where!
Karin
Disc Bulge C4/C5, Disc Degeneration T11/T12, Bi-Lateral tears L5/S1, Diagnosed w/ Lumbar Disc Derangement w/ Radiculopaphy. Treatment: IDET, Percutaneous Discectomy, SI Joint Injection, Facet Block. All failed. Empire BC/BS Denied Coverage for ADR-lost all of my appeals. MVP also denied coverage.

ALIF/PLIF Fusion 1/20/09
Old 04-24-2006, 03:57 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Nairek:
[qb] It crossed my mind to vist Dr. B, but I don't feel right being a burden upon my grandmother and not being able to speak German would make it harder. [/qb]
Hi Karin,

Dr B has hired an American-born international patient coordinator to facilitate arrangements, and from what former patients have said, the language barrier isn't a real problem at the clinic itself.

Just in case you're tempted to go back one day

Good luck, and keep us posted.

Trace