ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > International Assistance

International Assistance Any topics relating to traveling or communicating with international treatment locations are here.

Old 05-08-2016, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throttlejockey View Post
You are in very good hands with Dr. Clavel. My wife is now 18 months from Surgery and she feels better now than in the last 20 years. We traveled almost 4000 miles to have him perform our surgery.

I am very sorry that you are in pain, but you are lucky to have the opportunity to have him in your city.

thanks a lot, my friend.

I celebrate your life is happy nowadays. THIS MAKE ME HOPE. THANKS.

A sincere hug from BARCELONA.

JANUARY 2015 -MRI : Herniated disc ( posterior medial hernia) in L5S1 . Does not compress the sciatic nerve.

My life is a nightmare. I can´t work or doing sport. PAIN , PAIN AND PAIN

PAIN IN MY BACK, NO PAIN IN LEG
Old 05-09-2016, 03:16 PM

This may be an easier way to communicate and I hope it provides you with the direction you need. If you can provide images(if you have them) of your lumbar and post them here that would be helpful. If you are too steep at the sacrum, ADR may not be recommended at L5/S1. Also, your facets. Make sure they are in good shape.

I am a three level hybrid, meaning I had a L5/S1 fusion and two M6's above at L3/4/5. That was almost two years ago. These M6s are best of breed IMO in that they allow for facet sparing by virtue of both their forgiveness and resistance. They translate well and avoid over-rotating axially. I have one on my desk at work. Not the display one. The real one they use. Its really strong! I am going to make a video soon of it to help people relax once they see me put the channel locks to it. LOL. Its tough stuff.

Anyway, to encourage you, Dr Clavel and his team are very good at placing these. In addition, he has upgraded his facilities with a 3D O Arm for incredible viewing of the spine.

At 22 months I am doing very good. I still go to the gym but avoid heavy lifting or axially loading of the spine. I do this not so much for the M6s but the rest of my spine needs to be protected also. The M6s appear much more resilient than your own discs. Your old anatomy will have to play catch up to these devices.

As far as the device itself, I am a FB friend of Braulio Estima. Look him up. He has two cervical M6s and still drives opponents down to the mat using his neck. He also does full bridges using his head as well as 360 degree bridges! The M6s are fine.

Its always going to be your old anatomy, IMO, you need to be careful of...

And to that point, I am going to post soon about supplements your body needs to take care of that old anatomy post-ADR. Soft tissue support builders.

One thing to keep in mind, the M6s were made for movement. You need to put them to work. Your body will want to move with them in your spine, so move. My spine seems to thrive on movement, especially walking, as I can sometimes put in 7-10 miles a day walking. In addition, at the gym, I do mostly cables and weight machines, high reps. Cut & carve. No more bulk & bloat.

Tell Dr Clavel, Andrew Radakovitz said "hi" on your consult. I would love to see him again and perhaps meet you in person as well.

Chronic back pain started in 2010 while shrugging weights that a 40 yr. old shouldn't even try.

MRI in 2012 showing L4/L5, L5/S1 herniations and L2/L3 bulge.

L5/S1 taking on new shape, chronic sciatica, etc.

DEXA bone scan performed 5/7/14 showing mild osteopenia.

Surgery performed July 9th, 2014, Dr Clavel, hybrid three level lumbar.
Old 05-09-2016, 06:23 PM

There is another member on this forum who lives in Barcelona named Paco. He goes by the screen name "Grows" you should try and PM him.

TJ
- Wife has been diagnosed with Severe Spinal Stenosis Right and Left Sides, Degenerative Disk Disease at C5/6 and C6/7, Large Osteophyte Complexes at a both levels, with C6/7 on R/H Side, and C5/6 both R/H and L/H Sides. Also Reverse Lordosis.
- Performed 2-Level ADR with M6-C by Dr. Clavel, Barcelona Spine Center on 10/15/14.
Old 05-10-2016, 12:06 PM

Paco showed up at Quiron with a box of chocolates for me. I didn't know who he was until 'it clicked' in my head. I was probably out of it. Nice fella.

Chronic back pain started in 2010 while shrugging weights that a 40 yr. old shouldn't even try.

MRI in 2012 showing L4/L5, L5/S1 herniations and L2/L3 bulge.

L5/S1 taking on new shape, chronic sciatica, etc.

DEXA bone scan performed 5/7/14 showing mild osteopenia.

Surgery performed July 9th, 2014, Dr Clavel, hybrid three level lumbar.
Old 05-11-2016, 01:42 AM

Sorry to hear about your pain. You are extremely lucky to be able to live in the same city as the best ADR surgeon in the world. I wish I lived there, as I need to have my lumbar done now. Like the others that have replied, I have talked with a bunch of dr's and after talking with Dr Clavel, it is a very easy decision to make regarding surgery. No question I made the right choice going to him, and I will be going back in the near future. Once you meet him on friday, you will understand. Good luck
3 epidurals, PT, 2 MRI's,etc.
scheduled 3 times for C5-6, 6-7 fusion,
plus laminectomy at C3-4, and C 7, advised to do Bilateral lamino-foraminotomy C5-6, C6-7,a Percutaneous Discectomy L4 -L5
7/14 RFA on L3 to L5 (awake, local only)
C5-6,6-7 M-6 ADR with Dr. Clavel 9/17/14,
12/7/15 RFA L2-S1, Facet injections C2-7
6/3/16 RFA L2-S1, epidural L4,5, 8/26/16 RFA C1-7
Old 05-17-2016, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewrad View Post
This may be an easier way to communicate and I hope it provides you with the direction you need. If you can provide images(if you have them) of your lumbar and post them here that would be helpful. If you are too steep at the sacrum, ADR may not be recommended at L5/S1. Also, your facets. Make sure they are in good shape.

I am a three level hybrid, meaning I had a L5/S1 fusion and two M6's above at L3/4/5. That was almost two years ago. These M6s are best of breed IMO in that they allow for facet sparing by virtue of both their forgiveness and resistance. They translate well and avoid over-rotating axially. I have one on my desk at work. Not the display one. The real one they use. Its really strong! I am going to make a video soon of it to help people relax once they see me put the channel locks to it. LOL. Its tough stuff.

Anyway, to encourage you, Dr Clavel and his team are very good at placing these. In addition, he has upgraded his facilities with a 3D O Arm for incredible viewing of the spine.

At 22 months I am doing very good. I still go to the gym but avoid heavy lifting or axially loading of the spine. I do this not so much for the M6s but the rest of my spine needs to be protected also. The M6s appear much more resilient than your own discs. Your old anatomy will have to play catch up to these devices.

As far as the device itself, I am a FB friend of Braulio Estima. Look him up. He has two cervical M6s and still drives opponents down to the mat using his neck. He also does full bridges using his head as well as 360 degree bridges! The M6s are fine.

Its always going to be your old anatomy, IMO, you need to be careful of...

And to that point, I am going to post soon about supplements your body needs to take care of that old anatomy post-ADR. Soft tissue support builders.

One thing to keep in mind, the M6s were made for movement. You need to put them to work. Your body will want to move with them in your spine, so move. My spine seems to thrive on movement, especially walking, as I can sometimes put in 7-10 miles a day walking. In addition, at the gym, I do mostly cables and weight machines, high reps. Cut & carve. No more bulk & bloat.

Tell Dr Clavel, Andrew Radakovitz said "hi" on your consult. I would love to see him again and perhaps meet you in person as well.

wow...interesting words, thanks a lot. I read it with all my atention.

Finally i didn´t go to Clavel because I could´nt have surgery until september-october, due a question of my job (I have to work from june to september yes o yes, I don´t have option. The reason is story about my promotion in the police force and I can´t take time for surgery before september october). By the other side, in september I will have help of insurance probably and now it would be impossible (boring stories about insurances, the fact is that i could have problems with them in the future I visit clavel now)...so , althought I wish with all my heart to visit to Clavel because I am completaly depressed and desesperate, I decided to have "cold blood" and wait until september.

All your words are so interesting. I will send you a private message with my RMI. Maybe you can give me your opininon.

It´s so good to know that you can go to gym and you feel strong your M6. And I am watching the facebook of Braulio Estima....incredible too....2 levels adr... I can´t believe. Althought I think it is easier when the problem is in the neck....only my opìnion.

And yes, It would nice to meet you. I like to speak with "people of gym" who knows how I feel and how I love this sport.

JANUARY 2015 -MRI : Herniated disc ( posterior medial hernia) in L5S1 . Does not compress the sciatic nerve.

Old 05-17-2016, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throttlejockey View Post
There is another member on this forum who lives in Barcelona named Paco. He goes by the screen name "Grows" you should try and PM him.

TJ

I will do!!! thanks a lot for this information!!

Old 05-17-2016, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoop302 View Post
Sorry to hear about your pain. You are extremely lucky to be able to live in the same city as the best ADR surgeon in the world. I wish I lived there, as I need to have my lumbar done now. Like the others that have replied, I have talked with a bunch of dr's and after talking with Dr Clavel, it is a very easy decision to make regarding surgery. No question I made the right choice going to him, and I will be going back in the near future. Once you meet him on friday, you will understand. Good luck
Thanks for your words. Yes , I think I am lucky having this surgeon machine of ADR in Barcelona. Althought I would prefer to be living my previous life, ignoring all this questions about ADR, fusion, etc... I wish.

Ok, When you come here you will be welcome! I hope you are better of your neck and I am sure you will be better of your back when you come here.

Thanks a lot for your words, my friend

Old 05-18-2016, 05:11 PM

Default Dr. Clavel saved my life!!!

Ola Conangdu, Your English is better than my Spanish! Look I was much worse off with my cervical spine and I qualified to be a candidate. I cannot see with only one level Lumbar that Dr. Clavel would say no. I know many on this site that have Lumbar issues would agree. I spent $5000 in travel alone just to see Clavel. Dr. Clavel is considered in our circle, to be one of the top three surgeons in the world! If I ever need spine surgery again, I am coming to see him. I had to take out a bank loan just to finance it, but was worth every penny so far...Saluda
2009 fusion with Roi-C @ C3-4
2015 MRI & CT mjr ddd @ C6-7, segmental kyphosis at C7-T1, 2-level M6-C prosthesis by Dr. Clavel Barcelona Spain
2019 H.O. formed behind M6-C @ C6-7 left nerve rt & in spinal canal.
2020 Revision C6-7 to a CP-ESP prosthesis by Dr. Schmitz Dusseldorf Germany
Old 07-01-2016, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl0331 View Post
Ola Conangdu, Your English is better than my Spanish! Look I was much worse off with my cervical spine and I qualified to be a candidate. I cannot see with only one level Lumbar that Dr. Clavel would say no. I know many on this site that have Lumbar issues would agree. I spent $5000 in travel alone just to see Clavel. Dr. Clavel is considered in our circle, to be one of the top three surgeons in the world! If I ever need spine surgery again, I am coming to see him. I had to take out a bank loan just to finance it, but was worth every penny so far...Saluda
Thanks , my friend. Sorry, I was so late with my answer. I am so depressed and I don't watch the adrsupport.... I am looking for september for see Dr Clavel and listen his opinion. The truth is that I am so negative nowadays... I am sad, so sad

Thanks a lot for you words. Kisses