ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions If you just joined, please introduce yourself here. Please add a signature describing your spinal history (use the "User CP) and ask us how we can help you get started.

Old 11-03-2015, 05:24 PM

Default Will the pain ever go away???

Has anyone with radiating extremity pain had ADR surgery and is now pain free?
I'm considering surgery to help me out but I am starting to realize that chronic pain just doesn't go away and getting myself cut open seems like I may be asking for more pain. Any shared thoughts ,opinions and stories would be greatly appreciated!

L4/5 - shallow posterior disc bulge with a superimposed LEFT foraminal disc protrusion that encroaches upon the undersurface of the exiting LEFT L4 nerve root.

Mild rotoscoliosis centred at L3 and 4mm retrolithesis at L3/4.
Old 11-06-2015, 04:30 PM

I can only answer for myself. Yes, the pain has gone away for me. I've had two stem cell IV flushes and two-level ADR last year as well as fusion. The best part is that I no longer have all the symptoms that were associated with my cervical and lumbar issues. No more numbness in the arms, headaches, sciatica, spasms in the feet, and Charlie horses in my legs, etc. I have my life back!
Mar 2014 - MRI of Cervical and Lumbar, protruding disc in C3-7, Herniated Disc in L5/S1, placed on STD and FMLA )
July 2014 - Stem Cell Procedure performed
Oct 20, 2014 - ADR (MOBI-C) at C5-7 and Anterior Fusion at L5/S1 by Dr. Pettine and Dr. Techy
Old 11-07-2015, 06:45 PM

Thanks Colorado Babe for your reply. I really appreciate it!!
What kinds of injuries did u have to your spine?
Mine are mostly tears with small bulges, but they seem to be wreaking a lot of havoc in my groin/perineum. :-( It's been hard trying to find people with this type of pain whom have been helped by ADR.

Anyways, so so happy for you!! It looks like you were in pain for a long time and getting your life back must have felt like a miracle! :-)
L4/5 - shallow posterior disc bulge with a superimposed LEFT foraminal disc protrusion that encroaches upon the undersurface of the exiting LEFT L4 nerve root.

Old 11-12-2015, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatbird View Post
Thanks Colorado Babe for your reply. I really appreciate it!!
What kinds of injuries did u have to your spine?
Mine are mostly tears with small bulges, but they seem to be wreaking a lot of havoc in my groin/perineum. :-( It's been hard trying to find people with this type of pain whom have been helped by ADR.

Anyways, so so happy for you!! It looks like you were in pain for a long time and getting your life back must have felt like a miracle! :-)
I had herniated and bulging disc with nerve root issues. The mobi-c's and fusion with the stem cell IV flushes enabled me to get my life back. I hope you are able to find resolution to your pain. What does your surgeon say?
Mar 2014 - MRI of Cervical and Lumbar, protruding disc in C3-7, Herniated Disc in L5/S1, placed on STD and FMLA )
Oct 20, 2014 - ADR (MOBI-C) at C5-7 and Anterior Fusion at L5/S1 by Dr. Pettine and Dr. Techy
Old 11-13-2015, 10:44 PM

I have spoken with Dr. Clavel a couple of times now. He has said that my pelvic pain could possibly be coming from the disk tears that I have from L2-5. I also have some compression to my spinal cord going on here too. He's an honest man and I appreciate him saying that surgery isn't a guarantee in resolving my pain issues. Right now I am waiting to hear back from Dr. Zeegers for a second opinion. He briefly told me that my pelvic pain is coming from my spine issues as well, but as to whether or not it can be fixed .....my hopes aren't very high. It's been 9 years now and chronic pain doesn't just go away. I'm at least hoping that my symptoms can get better and that my quality of life will improve.

Old 01-02-2016, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatbird View Post
Has anyone with radiating extremity pain had ADR surgery and is now pain free?
I'm considering surgery to help me out but I am starting to realize that chronic pain just doesn't go away and getting myself cut open seems like I may be asking for more pain. Any shared thoughts ,opinions and stories would be greatly appreciated!

pains will go free
but adr is not necessary what you need i had done only to learn by other doctors that should have had a fusion
Old 01-04-2016, 10:02 AM

I was going to get an ADR at the L5-S1 level but decided at the last minute not to. Dr. Techy who was the other surgeon who assisted Dr. Pettine urged me to not do the ADR. He recommended the fusion based on all the symptoms I was having and stated if I went ahead with the ADR those symptoms would remain. I am so glad I had the fusion. The Charlie horses in my legs and spasms in my feet are gone. Just a memory that I would love to forget.

I have a friend who went to Dr. Clavel and got the M6 at the L5-S1 and now needs to return back to Spain to get a fusion at the end of this month. It just confirms to me that I did the right thing. You should way out all the odds and do the right thing for yourself. I also think you should look into a stem cell procedure. I think the two go well hand in hand.