ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions If you just joined, please introduce yourself here. Please add a signature describing your spinal history (use the "User CP) and ask us how we can help you get started.

Old 09-22-2011, 05:06 PM

Default Blue Cross

Now refuses to even approve a fusion with an roi-a cage, oh man this is too much.
09/2009 C6/7 Prodisc C ADR
11/2010 facet joint inj 12/2010 Rhizotomy TBI Dr. Cottingham months of relief
05/2011 facet Joint Inj 06/2011 Rhizotomy
7/2011 Dr. Zigler TBI, facet block and Discogram
11/18 surgery with Dr/Mr. Boeree..Thank God.
Old 09-22-2011, 09:46 PM

Christine,

I'm very sorry for the situation you're in. At least you now have health care attorney in place to help with the appeal process-that must take some of the stress off. And I'm sure you're racking you're brain trying to come up with a Plan B in case you're denied again. This is just a suggestion and I don't know if it will even be feasible/workable. I know you had your heart set on going to Germany but what about Mr/Dr Boeree in the UK. I thought I remember another poster on this forum mentioned that he offers no interest financing. Total cost would be cheaper than going to Germany. Just something to consider if you have you're heart set on ADR revision vs settling for insurance-approved fusion here in the US.

ML
*Tx's-PT, 2 ESI's Interlaminar & transforaminal, 2 SI Joint steroid injections, Failed LBB for SI Joint
Old 09-22-2011, 10:48 PM

Default MeggieLynn

Thank you. I will contact Dr. Boeree and keep trying, I don't know if I can get my neck to hold up long enough to pay, and this might just be the answer I desperately need. Thank you so much for emailing and trying to help.
Old 09-22-2011, 11:27 PM

Boeree is out of town until next week, fwiw. Vicki in FL says he's kinda booked b/c of having gone on vacation and whatnot.

Clavel does a lot of cervical M6's as well - and Spain is cheaper than the UK for lodging/food/misc.
laidupdoc@gmail.com if my PM box is full

The content herein represents my professional thought and opinions in a general sense only; they do not constitute professional advice or services. if you need medical advice, please consult a licensed physician.
Old 09-22-2011, 11:46 PM

Hi Christine,

I am so sorry to hear this! I hope you can hold on and find a solution that you are happy with. Why would ins refuse the fusion???? I went to Boeree, I am exactly 3 wks post-op, and doing well. I had a great experience with Mr. Boeree and all the staff of Nuffield Hosp Wessex. I do know he does offer financing, but I didn't go that route. I will tell you what I did if you PM me. And, even if Mr. Boeree is out of town, Jo Hadley can start working on your stuff and possibly set up a tenative time for him to call you to consult.

If you want to talk to me, please change your setting on this site to accept PMs, as I haven't been able to respond to the emails you sent me. I will give you my ph# if you want any info on my experience that I have yet to type in detail on Surgical Outcomes, but will in the next week.

I am so sorry you are going through this. You are right, all of us on this site has been there to some degree. I think financially, my situation caused me a lot of stress during the worst time in my life. It is not only shear hell knowing you have to have ANY type of spinal surgery (scary!), but making life-altering decisions when you are stressed out, emotional, in pain, financially unsure how to pay for it, etc., just purely sucks.

Hang in there, rest, cry when you want to, and take care of yourself and don't lose hope. I am here if you need me!
Love hiking, biking, anything outdoors. 2005 dx with cervical DDD and radiculopathy, given PT, NSAIDs. Back to regular lifestyle with very few problems until March 2011, hyper extension of neck created the "straw that broke camel's back". C5-6 and C6-7 herniation with compression of the spinal cord. Pain between shoulder blades and mild numbness down L>R arm. No conservative options-only surgery per NS x 3. S/P 2-level ADR surgery with Mr. Nick Boeree in England Aug 31, 2011.
Old 09-23-2011, 10:44 AM

So sorry as well that the rug was pulled out from underneath you. Good luck with the attorney route.
I too am willing to help with any info on Mr Boeree. I leave tomorrow for England, but will be checking in pretty regularly. I did not take advantage of the no interest opportunity, but it was an option that I noticed in the information they sent when agreeing to the services, and thought it would be useful to others to know that existed. I can't recall how long the period extended, etc. but I'm sure they could send you some info ahead of agreeing to anything, if you are just interested in your options.
You will get it figured out. Take care of yourself during the long process.
http://healthyback2011.blogspot.com/
Old 09-23-2011, 02:38 PM
Administrator

Christine, I fixed your private message problem and sent you a PM. Pls PM me back or email me...let me know.

Thanks.
Founder & moderator of ADRSupport - 2004
Founder Arthroplasty Patient Foundation a 501(c)(3) - 2006
Creator & producer, Why Am I Still Sick? - 2012
Donate www.arthropatient.org/about/donate
Old 10-02-2011, 06:36 PM

Default I owe

for Dr. Zeegers having to cancel my surgery, I owe for the plane tickets that had to be cancelled. I want to go back to work, I want to have my neck fixed and the prodisc either taken out or fixed as well as the c5 so I am not in pain every single day and up every single night.
I feel absolutely alone, afraid, abandoned and in an endless nightmare.
Old 10-02-2011, 09:50 PM
Administrator

Christina, I am so sorry. Are your tickets refundable? Can you get a credit? Why did he cancel? We are here for you, I hope we can help.
Founder & moderator of ADRSupport - 2004
Founder Arthroplasty Patient Foundation a 501(c)(3) - 2006
Creator & producer, Why Am I Still Sick? - 2012
Donate www.arthropatient.org/about/donate
Old 10-02-2011, 10:25 PM

Default Hey

Richard,
Blue Cross worldwide denied the surgery at the last possible minute. Dr. Zeegers even spoke with my case manager to try to work with them, but they would not reverse their denial and then even denied the fusion due to the hardware....