ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Big File

The Big File All issues not easily categorized in the above forums are here. Comments on general health, diet, "getting comfortable," and more are here.

Old 05-28-2007, 11:42 AM

I edited my original post as it was so negative. My apologies to Anita;she worked hard to get us the information we needed.I let stress and pressure from my family get out of hand. Things are falling into place. I am working hard at getting myself mentally and physically prepared for surgery.Being negative isn't helpful to anyone so I apologize. Your reassurances have been very calming. It sure helps to have the support of folks who have been there, done that so to speak. I promise to remain positive and hopefully be helpful to others.
Sincerely,
Deb
the usual... myelograms,MRI's,CT scans,xrays,EMG
epidural blocks
facet injections
"serious degeneration" L1-L2
Discogram - L1 - S1 -discogenic with L3/4,L4/5
Old 05-28-2007, 04:17 PM

Laura just got back from Pro-spine a couple of weeks ago and we owe them some good words in a post based on their handling of our case so I'll try to offer some calming words.

First, they're definitely not a scam. If you'd like, PM us and my wife and I can come up with a time to call you and talk about our experiences (three of them). Second, they're lousy at communications pre-op and getting your financial stuff worked out. They finally got our costs to us 3 1/2 weeks prior to our last trip over there and then demanded the bank transfer 3 weeks prior to the visit. When Laura pointed out the situation, they agreed to give us some leeway.

Third comment, it is easy to run into communications problems when you go over there as they have few strong English speakers other than Bertagnoli and Fenk-Mayer. Have patience and don't let your pain and worries get the best of your temper. If you get into an adversarial relationship with them, you'll get lousy follow-up.

Fourth, we think so well of them that Laura's gotten a C5/6 Prodisc C from Bertagnoli and asked Fenk-Mayer to perform the diagnostic testing to figure out what's wrong with her lumbar spine. They do good work and are relatively good (for somone on another continent) for post-op follow-up.
General joint hypermobility

Jim - C4/5, C5/6, L4/5 disk bulges and facet damage, L4/5 disk tears, currently using regenerative medicine to address

"There are many Annapurnas in the lives of men" Maurice Herzog
Old 05-28-2007, 05:41 PM
Banned

CZ,

I am sure Anita will contact you first thing after the holiday weekend. She is a lifesaver and then some.

Justin
Old 05-29-2007, 05:21 AM

Thanks for your responses and reassurance. I got the Estimate of Cost this morning by both fax and email. It is questionable if I require a 2-level or 4-level, hence the discogram first. I am definately feeling better about the whole thing. Anita was kind enough to call us last night and again this morning. We will also require leeway in the wire transfer as my surgery is three weeks from today. I can hardly wait to get to "the other side". Deb
the usual... myelograms,MRI's,CT scans,xrays,EMG
epidural blocks
facet injections
"serious degeneration" L1-L2
Discogram - L1 - S1 -discogenic with L3/4,L4/5