ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Big File

The Big File All issues not easily categorized in the above forums are here. Comments on general health, diet, "getting comfortable," and more are here.

Old 08-03-2007, 11:17 AM

Harrison suggested I post here to see if anyone knew how to get in touch with Anita Peludat. I need to discuss a problem that I am hoping she can talk to Dr. Bertagnoli about. Thanks!

Linda

10-02 - ProDiscs L4/5 and L5/S1 - FDA study - disks placed incorrectly which
caused problem at L3/4 and L2/3
01-05 - ProDiscs at C5/6 and C6/7 in Germany - seems to be working fine so far
Bedbound from 09-06 until 10-08 due to severe pain and weakness
09-08 - Had Fibrin sealant done at L3/4 and L2/3 After 6 weeks - much success!
Hoping and praying that the lumbar revision surgery that was scheduled with Dr. Regan
can be indefinitely postponed
Old 08-03-2007, 11:40 AM

linda
you could try aapeludat@hotmail.com
but her mom had a pretty bad stroke and i am not sure she's even working for pro spine any more.
but it's surely worth a try.
sending you prayers
chuck
facet block neg
lost all appeals BCBS 5 months of that
3 surgeons later
surgery with dr. bertagnoli aug 2nd 2006 in Bogen Germany Successfully ProDisc-L L-4 L-5
Old 08-06-2007, 02:36 PM
Banned

Linda,

I received an email from Anita today. She should be able to be reached at the email in Chuck's post.

However, she is officially no longer with Pro-Spine.

Justin
Old 08-06-2007, 04:21 PM

Hello Everyone.

Its perfectly OK to contact me at my private e-mail. aapeludat@hotmail.com. Especially former patients of Dr. Bertagnoli. I know many of you well and consider you close friends, I have some amazing happy memories of my time with the patients.

Its true I am no longer with Pro-Spine as of May, and yes its related to my Mom's serious health issues. I am back at home in Connecticut.

However, I know the Pro-Spine system backwards and forwards, attended numerous surgeries and Dr B's courses and can provide A LOT of insight into scheduling and making the right contacts there. Even travel issues as well as explaining cultural differences. (More important than the language difference), although Dr. B and Dr. Fenk-Mayer speak fluent english.

My husband is 2 and 1/2 years post-op after a three level lumbar with Dr.B. His quality of life is amazing after 14 years of agony. He is back on his catamaran sailing, we were out on Long Island sound tooling around Fisher's Island in a stiff wind 2 weeks ago. If any of you have sailed before you know the bending, lifting and back strength that requires. It's something he has not been able to do for years and yesterday we assisted a fellow hiker on a trail that had fallen and dislocated her shoulder and we were able to get her out of the forest to medical help. He feels wonderful to be living a full and active life again.

Does he still have problems? Yes, he does, anyone would after 14 years of post-injury degeneration, he'll never be 100%, but thats OK with him.

Miracles do happen

Warmest Regards,

Anita
Bio-active bone cement used at all three levels in Germany after osteoporosis was discovered in OR. (false negative bone densit
Old 08-06-2007, 04:31 PM

Thanks! We have been in touch and I so appreciate your willingness to still help with former patients, Anita.

That is really great news about your husband's successful surgery. Thanks for telling us about it.

Blessings to you,
Linda

Hoping and praying that the lumbar revision surgery that was scheduled with Dr. Regan
Old 08-07-2007, 11:19 AM

Hugs Anita
chuck and bev and leon
facet block neg
lost all appeals BCBS 5 months of that
3 surgeons later
surgery with dr. bertagnoli aug 2nd 2006 in Bogen Germany Successfully ProDisc-L L-4 L-5
Old 08-10-2007, 09:06 AM

Anita, I'm sorry to hear about your mom - sure hope she will recuperate well. I'm glad you were able to devote your time to her. That's great news that your husband is doing so well. Long may it continue. Hope you are enjoying being back home with your family. I bet Dr. B's team really misses you.
Lisa
Onset of severe fibromyalgia in 6/95, undiagnosed for 2 years while lived in UK
About 1998 o
Old 08-11-2007, 12:05 AM

Hi Anita,

I am curious who is currently handling new patients and incoming medical records from the U.S. at Pro-Spine? I mailed all of my records on July 27th and then emailed a message to the address on the website asking for confirmation of receipt of my records. I received an auto-response email from Dr. Fenk-Meyer that everyone is on vacation until August 16th. I am just wondering how long I should expect to wait for some kind of response from someone there. Do you know who your replacement is over there or even if there is one at all? Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Linda... what part of Dallas are you in? What doctors are you seeing? It's always nice to see people from your own hometown on these things!

I haven't prepared an official signature yet so here is a temporary one:

MomInTX
With four kids and a full time job I thought the pain was just caused by stress. I'm 34 yrs. young.
1st MRI in 02/05 showed C5-6 & C6-7 4.0 mm central extrusion and right paracentral protrusion mildly flattening the cervical cord compatible with moderate central stenosis. Uncinate joint hypertrophy causes left foraminal stenosis. C4-5 has 2.0 mm central protrusion indicating mild degenerative disk disease with posterior osteophytes lateralizing toward right side. C3-4 has a 1.0 mm bulge.
10/06 2nd MRI and I received three different opinions from top surgeons indicating the need for 2-level fusion. I don't want fusion!!!
07/07 Discogram and CT and told by Dr. Zigler I couldn't be in the Mobi-C study becuase the discogram results came back with 3 bad levels, not 2 as we had thought. C4-5 was painful during the procedure, but not as severe as the other two.
07/07 Sent all medical records to Dr. B in Germany and waiting to hear back from them.
Currently taking Fentanyl 50 mg patches for pain and Oxycodone for breakthrough pain.
1st MRI in 02/05 showed C5-6 & C6-7 4.0 mm central extrusion and right p
Old 08-11-2007, 01:05 PM

Mom,
I live in Rowlett, on the very edge next to G.B. tollway. Where are you located? I am sorry to hear you are having a rough time also. I hope you are able to get your problem resolved w/o a fusion. You are too young for these kind of problems. I am too and I am not nearly as young as you.
Best wishes,
Linda

Old 08-13-2007, 06:15 PM

Mom in TX.

Dr. F-M is handling my position at this time. August is a typical European holiday(vacation time, for many countries)... we could learn from them....But, I do know that F-M RARELY takes time off (and has a family and kids she raises) and is reading all mails during her time off, as I have just spoken with her regarding another patient, but must address emergent cases first.

I may not officially work for them at this time but, I am still very passionate about helping patients and remain in regular contact with the Drs. and the team. I can help with insight into your situation and travel, etc. just as a friend of the Pro-Spine Team and Dr. B and F-M.

This is always tough on patients as it was tough for me and my husband, the waiting, having lived there, we are one of the only nations that has a high degree of impatience. This has pros and cons. I understand both sides well now. There will always be cultural differences to be acknowledged.

From Germany and observing all I did, Dr. B is the best and is in VERY high demand, worldwide. Are we glad we waited it out?, you bet. Especially after observing his skill level in person as compared to other observed surgeons.

I know its hard to wait, been there, done that, no fun. You should hear from her shortly around the 15th. She is an amazing woman.

Warmest Regards,

Anita
Bio-active bone cement used at all three levels in Germany after osteoporosis was discovered in OR. (false negative bone densit