ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Big File

The Big File All issues not easily categorized in the above forums are here. Comments on general health, diet, "getting comfortable," and more are here.

Old 08-04-2006, 06:25 PM

Beg to differ a bit Eddie. Only women 18 yrs. or older can get it and it's really not an "abortion pill". I've seen too many kids have babies that they cannot afford to take care of. The population I am familiar with are Latinos where it's a sin to have an abortion. Even women who were raped would have kids.

But I can see how this pill can be a lazy excuse to abrogate responsibility:

http://www.cnn.com/2003/HEALTH/12/16...ng.after.pill/
Severe, extensive DDD, considered inoperable by Dr. Regan, Lauressen, & some guy at UCLA. Severe foraminal stenosis (guess they can't operate!) and some spinal cord compression that Lauryssen would fix if gets outta hand.
Old 08-04-2006, 06:53 PM

I said "abortion pill" so everyone knew what I was talking about. Alot of people call it that.
Anyway...I don't need an abortion, I need a hunk of metal, and he's approving pit poison!

Anyway, let's not derail this thread anymore...
Epidurals and facet injections
5/15/06 Discogram confirmed L4-L5 DDD also an asymptomatic L5-S1 tear
10/24/06 L4-L5 Prodisc surgery with Dr. Goldstein
CAT scans & X-Rays show ossification
Trigger Point Injections, Medial Branch Blocks, Acupuncture, Weekly Deep Tissue Massage
10/27/08 Discogram (positive L5-S1 tear)
11/25/08 L5-S1 fusion with Dr. Goldstein
FAILED BACK SYNDROME
Liberty Mutual WC
Old 08-05-2006, 09:43 AM

Hi guys,
Well I have been coming back here to read the posts, and support us in this wait.
Ans, what we were trying to say, Eddie and I, is that it seems that the FDA doesnt take as much time to decide and approve for basically, unecessary things. If they would approve things for people who are in need of something. Do you really need botox? And the morning after pill? Well that should be called the irresponsible pill, and you should think about it the night before. So now its going to be too easy for someone, for their irresponsibilities to just abort. Anyway, as I read the posts, do you guys go back and read how defensive everyone is in here? Its all the anger and frustration. I think we should at least try to stay calm and support each other instead.

Injured 8-24-2000
DDD L5-S1
DDD C-4,5-5,6
Epidural steroid injections lumbar & cervical
x-rays, mri's, etc.
waiting for Prodisc for L5-S1, and Prodisc C for two levels on C-4,5-5,6
Old 08-05-2006, 02:04 PM

Dina: I'm fine, over it, and btw, rarely get too PC/political on this board. However, as a man, I still want a womb.

ans
Severe, extensive DDD, considered inoperable by Dr. Regan, Lauressen, & some guy at UCLA. Severe foraminal stenosis (guess they can't operate!) and some spinal cord compression that Lauryssen would fix if gets outta hand.
Old 08-05-2006, 02:42 PM

Quote:
However, as a man, I still want a womb.

I would get the ADR first, and then have your fun operations later...

See Tom Wilkinson in the movie "Normal" first.
Trigger Point Injections, Medial Branch Blocks, Acupuncture, Weekly Deep Tissue Massage
FAILED BACK SYNDROME
Liberty Mutual WC
Old 08-05-2006, 04:08 PM

Thanks, I just saw "Transamerica". Sounds good 'tho. I may need one for my own stem cells for major back reconstruction one day.

No really, I like gurls, really...

ans
Old 08-06-2006, 06:29 AM
Banned

ans~ wombhood ~ hormones, think about it.
Dina~ my case originated in the early '80's.
BTW, as far as I'm concerned, many of us are just venting frustration and well within the forum rules and regs ~ just a rant, a vent.. and jokingly for the most part (tho truly we are hurting and that much cannot be masked thru humor).

I think this has been a good thread for those of us that need a place to vent to each other going through something similar and understanding where the other person is coming from emotionally/psychologically (if I may go so far as to say that).

Another thing to think about is even when the Prodisc implant is FDA approved, this doesn't necessarily mean the insurance co. will authorize surgery utlizing the implant (esp. WC). Start gathering info re Appeals. Better to have some information sooner than later.

I myself was surprised that the hybrid surgery was denied not so much for the Charite part, but the fusion at L5S1.

Seeing my OSS this coming week to prompt an Appeal, and hopefully it will be a thoughtful one that replies to the Denial/Non Cert and all points made.

Continued good luck to all awaiting single or multilevel Prodsic FDA approval. Hopefully it will be soon...
Old 08-06-2006, 12:39 PM

Maria, you are right about all of us here having a place to vent and let out all our frustration. Where else could we go where anyone could ever understand us, except us. Because of our physcial changes in our lives, it has also changed us emotionally. I know that for a fact.
Regarding my approval from wc, it has already been approved. Its just this wait for the approval letter. Other than that, I'm ready, and have been.
After that, I plan to get the prodisc-c. I just hope things would move quicker for all of us.

Injured 8-24-2000
DDD L5-S1
DDD C-4,5-5,6
Epidural steroid injections lumbar & cervical
x-rays, mri's, etc.
waiting for Prodisc for L5-S1, and Prodisc C for two levels on C-4,5-5,6
Old 08-06-2006, 03:34 PM

The FDA Chief on vacation:

Annoying Little Child Voice: "Are we there yet?

Andrew Von Hackenbush: "NO!

Annoying Little Child Voice: "Are we there yet?"

Andrew Von Hackenbush:"NO! Now Shaddap!!"

Annoying Little Child Voice: "Are we there yet?"

Andrew Von Hackenbush: "No! Here play with this cha little brat!"

*Throws prototype Prodisc in the back seat*

Annoying Little Child: "La la la la" *GULP* "URRPPP"

Andrew Von Hackenbush: "Not AGAIN!"

We should have approval after the next few BMs...
FAILED BACK SYNDROME
Liberty Mutual WC
Old 08-09-2006, 08:03 AM

Interesting news:

My disability nurse (who usually RUINS my days) gave me a ray of hope yesterday. She must have talked to somebody or came to her senses because she called me and told me that when the Prodisc is approved to just have Dr. Goldstein write a letter stating why he prefers the Prodisc. She actually made it sound reasonable. I was shocked. Common sense is not something I've been used to in my dealings with the whole workers compensation/FDA approval process.

I saw my pain managemant Dr. last night and he immediately wrote me a letter stating the Prodisc is better than the Charite. He added that Dr. Goldstein & I feel so strongly that I'm waiting in severe pain for this approval rather than accept fusion or the Charite prosthesis. (Not that the Charite is bad, we just like the Prodisc better)

Dr. Goldstein got my call today and I left him a message about what I need so he has a head start when the disc is approved.
FAILED BACK SYNDROME
Liberty Mutual WC