ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions If you just joined, please introduce yourself here. Please add a signature describing your spinal history (use the "User CP) and ask us how we can help you get started.

Old 02-22-2011, 08:14 PM

The loss of the lordotic curve sounds like a huge symptom of something serious. I don't know exactly what it's indicating but a properly placed ADR shouldn't have altered the curve, December to now is also likely too short for boney damage and similar changes to have removed the curve. I'd wonder about muscles relaxants for a really short time, week at most, to see if shutting down knots in muscles might restore function, other than that I'd guess that you may have a misplaced ADR or too high/too low a spacer.
General joint hypermobility

Jim - C4/5, C5/6, L4/5 disk bulges and facet damage, L4/5 disk tears, currently using regenerative medicine to address

"There are many Annapurnas in the lives of men" Maurice Herzog
Old 02-22-2011, 08:42 PM

I'd call your doctor, and make sure he/she explains your results (you got your report without an explanation?), but I would guess the deterioration of the C spine at multiple levels, even though mild, has made you lose some of your curve. One segment would have to be terribly out of place to change a curve, and that would very apparent. I would think it's your several segments that are thinned.
But, here we are.... not radiologists, guessing! Talk to your doctor!
http://healthyback2011.blogspot.com/
Old 02-22-2011, 08:50 PM

I'd would have also wondered about the disc dessication but that note, early disc dessication, generally was attached to blackening, full height disc by our radiologists. There's also the possibility that what one person sees as early stage dessication another would call advanced height loss.

Jim - C4/5, C5/6, L4/5 disk bulges and facet damage, L4/5 disk tears, currently using regenerative medicine to address

Old 02-22-2011, 08:59 PM

Exclamation Thanks you for your reply

Thanks annapurna and Jstuckey :
What could the loss of lordotic curve lead to or be a serious symptom of and what can be done about it and the early disc desiccation at the C2-3,C3-4,C4-5, and C6-7 levels? I have been on muscle relaxers but they dont help much. Rest helps some but then when I try to get back to my normal activities they flare back up at the least thing I try to do.....and yes Jstuckey that was news about the Scarring on my lungs, emphysema?? It was very scary to hear that. I have has pneumonia twice could that be the scarring. Now I got double trouble??
Thanks and please help me know what can be done, I am a nervous wreck about all this neck stuff and also the other thing.
msrudy
Old 02-22-2011, 09:39 PM

Oh my, please don't let my guesses scare you. I speak only from the knowledge of an occupational therapist, not a doctor. Yes, a history of pneumonia scars the lungs. I'm not saying you have emphysema, but maybe the doctor was saying it was an emphysema- like scarring. Make an appointment tomorrow so you don't worry needlessly! Maybe your ordering physician or a nurse practioner will even explain it on the phone.
Old 02-22-2011, 09:41 PM

For tonight.... type those words into a google or similar search engine and read what they mean. Calm down until you speak to a professional. Not good to stress out without the real medical advice piece!
Old 02-22-2011, 10:07 PM

If I remember correctly, loss of the lordoic curve happens when you lose disk height, your vertebrae bodies are damaged and sloped or you have something causing the lordic curve to be temporarily pulled out of shape. These are all symptoms of other problems. Some of them can be ruled out by the infomation you already have but it's probably a good item to pursue to figure out why you hurt.

Old 02-22-2011, 10:51 PM

Post trying not to stress...

Thanks for all the replies and advice...I have been googling just about all day and all I find on the c spine and the problems I am having from the imaging results is to have a spinal fusion or pain management...and about the emphysema or scarring ,I will not stress about it until I know more about it and probably have more test done.I gotta get rid of this pain in the neck and deal with the scarring later but as soon as I can but the pain in my neck I can't take anymore..... anyways, I wont stress about none of it till I see my Dr on March 4th and let him explain it all to me..thanks again guys.

msrudy
Old 02-22-2011, 11:08 PM

Don't worry about the scarring. Laura got her first x-ray for her L5S1 problem and talked through it with our local doc years ago. The conversation went something along the lins of "that's l5s1 and you can see that it isn't too bad yet and that's your gall stone that needs to come out as soon as possible, when could you meet with a surgeon for that?" Sometimes finds aren't clinically important because the radiologist doesn't know anything abut the rest of your medical condition, sometimes they are important and early detection can head things off while they're easy to treat. I'm prostate cancer-free because of lucky detection with a PSA test done when I was 37, better than 10 years earlier than most docs do them.

Old 02-23-2011, 11:37 AM

You are right and I am glad they seen it so I can have it checked into before it turns into something bad or worse..thanks for the advice and support...not stressing today just praying and waiting on my Dr. appointment or the Lord whichever comes first.. I just don't want anymore surgeries....but if I have to, I have to and sooner or later I probably will have to.
msrudy